The Student Room Group

Business, Computing and IT graduate

Hi all,

I am a recent 1st class honours, Business, Computing and IT graduate and am searching for a graduate job.

Are there any specific sites that cater to my degree or similar?

I have looked on sites like reed, indeed, etc but no luck.

Much appreciated.
(edited 8 years ago)
milkroud,graduate-jobs.com

I read your blog but in regards to this
" Finally, whatever you do, do not include references in your CV. Agents are constantly looking for contacts to call with a view to getting more work and a reference on a CV is a home run. This is something that agents may lie over but the simple fact is that references are between you and your future employer. An agent has no requirement for them other than for their own purposes so politely decline to hand them over no matter what they may say." How does this really hinder the applicant?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Treypound
I read your blog but in regards to this
" Finally, whatever you do, do not include references in your CV. Agents are constantly looking for contacts to call with a view to getting more work and a reference on a CV is a home run. This is something that agents may lie over but the simple fact is that references are between you and your future employer. An agent has no requirement for them other than for their own purposes so politely decline to hand them over no matter what they may say." How does this really hinder the applicant?
Posted from TSR Mobile

By annoying the people you've put down as references when they start getting unsolicited calls from agents hoping to fill the role you're trying to leave.
Original post by Treypound
How does this really hinder the applicant?
Posted from TSR Mobile

It doesn't. But if you include references you can bet your bottom dollar they will be bombarded with calls from agents. A reference is between you and your future employer after an offer has been made. They have nothing to do with the agent. All an agent wants is his commission and luctrative contacts.

Good luck!
Original post by ByEeek
It doesn't. But if you include references you can bet your bottom dollar they will be bombarded with calls from agents. A reference is between you and your future employer after an offer has been made. They have nothing to do with the agent. All an agent wants is his commission and luctrative contacts.

Good luck!

Thanks, nice blog, do you update it regularly?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending