The Student Room Group

Help?! Is my post deleted??

So i posted my personal statement for proof reading, yes i know dumb move. when i click on the thread via my account it comes up with

'Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator'

does this mean no one can see. thanks for any help
Reply 1
Original post by vachall
So i posted my personal statement for proof reading, yes i know dumb move. when i click on the thread via my account it comes up with

'Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator'

does this mean no one can see. thanks for any help

sign out and go to it, if it's still there people can see it
Reply 2
Original post by z33
sign out and go to it, if it's still there people can see it

i cant seem to find it anywhere
Just had a look and for me it also says "Invalid thread specified".

This means that either it's gone into the moderation queue, or it's been hard-deleted by one of the Support Team or Community Team.

As a rule of thumb, if it says "Invalid Thread Specified" then it's either in the mod queue or deleted
If it says "No Thread Specified" it's been hard-deleted (i.e. totally gone from the site)
If it says "<username>, you do not have permission..." it's been soft deleted (i.e. moved to the recycle bin)

Hope that clears things up.
Reply 4
Original post by vachall
i cant seem to find it anywhere

have you tried searching for the title for your post in google and the tsr search bar?

also search in google for the first sentence word-for-word of your PS

if it brings up nothing, put it in quotations like

"insert first sentence"

it may have been deleted, but even then it could've been cached so if you wanna be safe i'd say reword your PS, but search for it still
Reply 5
Original post by spotify95
Just had a look and for me it also says "Invalid thread specified".

This means that either it's gone into the moderation queue, or it's been hard-deleted by one of the Support Team or Community Team.

As a rule of thumb, if it says "Invalid Thread Specified" then it's either in the mod queue or deleted
If it says "No Thread Specified" it's been hard-deleted (i.e. totally gone from the site)
If it says "<username>, you do not have permission..." it's been soft deleted (i.e. moved to the recycle bin)

Hope that clears things up.

thanks
Original post by vachall
thanks

No problem :smile:

Looking on Google, the thread isn't appearing, and since it's been removed I doubt it will appear again.

If you need any more help, let me know :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest