The Student Room Group

Am I better off without her?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ruby17
No problem :smile: at the end of the day, people change. The feelings one has yesterday towards someone may not be the same today. Sure she might have envisaged something more and serious but it certainly does not look like that is what she envisages now. I personally don't think either if you will be happy if you get back together, but that's my opinion. In my eyes it would be very unstable which is not healthy. If she said such things it's clear she's unsure and confused. I mean maybe later on she will you know, change and you could say realise what she wants, but right now I think it's best if you just leave it. Whether you were not enough, she was bored or you guys didn't share enough things in common is irrelevant now. Your beyond this now. Did her and her ex have a good relationship though?

Her and her ex had a very different relationship to ours - he was at uni whilst she was at college so they were at distance the entire time (albeit only an hour). This meant that they only saw one another infrequently, whereas we were together constantly - perhaps why she felt such intense feelings at the time?

I suppose what I am really trying to work out is whether she is a mixed up person, toxic, at least at present. I can't tell whether her behaviour, which was selfish and thoughtless as people have said, reflects upon her, or whether it's a combination of childhood issues, immaturity and the excitement of uni etc? Like someone above said, I assumed she just needs someone there all the time, but her ex wasn't and they lasted, so I don't know...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending