The Student Room Group

Sixth Form Sevenoaks Entrance Tests

Hi. I am about to give my entrance exams in sevenoaks and I need to know what the tests are going to be like. My higher level subjects are; English Literature, Design & Technology and Economics plus the mandatory Maths test. It would be great if someone could guide me and let me know what all I should study and if possible, give me a sample / past paper.
Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Heya, currently at Sevenoaks in Upper Sixth and joined in the Sixth Form as well :smile:

I do HL Econ so the entrance tests of that were kind of like SATs I think... basically they're not testing any knowledge but reasoning, logic and if you can understand concepts. Generally, everyone does pretty badly in it but apparently they test whether you can think like an economist....
Maths is not that hard (I think but I'm doing Maths HL). It's basically end of year 11 IGCSE maths questions - don't worry too much, just revise your maths a bit!
I'm doing German A HL and they made us write a poem analysis I think - not sure about English though!

If you're smart and confident and smiley at your interview then you should be in the best position to apply :smile:

Good luck! x
Original post by sarahjennyp
Heya, currently at Sevenoaks in Upper Sixth and joined in the Sixth Form as well :smile:

I do HL Econ so the entrance tests of that were kind of like SATs I think... basically they're not testing any knowledge but reasoning, logic and if you can understand concepts. Generally, everyone does pretty badly in it but apparently they test whether you can think like an economist....
Maths is not that hard (I think but I'm doing Maths HL). It's basically end of year 11 IGCSE maths questions - don't worry too much, just revise your maths a bit!
I'm doing German A HL and they made us write a poem analysis I think - not sure about English though!

If you're smart and confident and smiley at your interview then you should be in the best position to apply :smile:

Good luck! x

Sorry I actually just read that the econ test is like the multiple choice section of the Oxford TSA test... My bad!
Reply 3

Good luck! x

Thanks for the help! It would be great if I could get one of the past papers so I would get the idea of the questions i'll be asked but the sevenoaks website doesn't have past papers for sixth form. Any advice would be highly appreciated.
Thanks again
Original post by Ishan10
Thanks for the help! It would be great if I could get one of the past papers so I would get the idea of the questions i'll be asked but the sevenoaks website doesn't have past papers for sixth form. Any advice would be highly appreciated.
Thanks again

http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/for-test-takers/thinking-skills-assessment/tsa-oxford/preparing-for-tsa-oxford/

Oxford TSA past papers for the econ entrance exam. For maths just look up GCSE past papers and make sure you revise your subjects... good luck! x
Reply 5
http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/for-test-takers/thinking-skills-assessment/tsa-oxford/preparing-for-tsa-oxford/

Oxford TSA past papers for the econ entrance exam. For maths just look up GCSE past papers and make sure you revise your subjects... good luck! x

Thanks a lot for your help Sarah! :smile:
Original post by Ishan10
Thanks a lot for your help Sarah! :smile:

You're welcome! x
Reply 7
I am going to do biology, chemistry and maths HL for Sevenoaks entrance exam. Does anyone know anything about the exam? btw I am currently doing add maths at school
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TianTo
I am going to do biology, chemistry and maths HL for Sevenoaks entrance exam. Does anyone know anything about the exam? btw I am currently doing add maths at school

Don't know about Bio and Chem but if you're already doing add maths, just revise a bit for maths but you should honestly be fine if you're not struggling now :smile: good luck! x
Reply 9
Thanks
Reply 10
Don't know about Bio and Chem but if you're already doing add maths, just revise a bit for maths but you should honestly be fine if you're not struggling now :smile: good luck! x
thanks
I am doing maths Sl, physics and chemistry and economics???
Original post by splash667
I am doing maths Sl, physics and chemistry and economics???

Don't know about Physics and Chem sorry! For Economics see previous answers :smile:
thanks, how is the maths standard?
Original post by TianTo

I actually found the high level math test really difficult
Reply 15
Original post by ludovicomatildi
I actually found the high level math test really difficult

Are you doing additional maths at school?
Original post by TianTo
Are you doing additional maths at school?

No
Reply 17
Hi guys! I've completed my English and Economics test. The english test was pretty easy but the economics test took a long time to complete. The one hours time limit for that was too less. Anyway, I have my Design & Technology test tomorrow and if I could some sample papers of tips that would be great!
Thanks
Hey did anyone get an email for an interview?
Hey does anyone know when we find out if we got in? Also has anyone applied for any scholarships?

Quick Reply

Latest