The Student Room Group

Confustion with what I want to do...

Hi. I'm currently a A-Level student and I'm taking psychology. sociology and RE. TBH I feel alright with what I am doing, but its not going to get me into the career I want. I am re-take my mathematics GCSE with my A-Levels and after I have gotten these A-Levels, I am going to go to another sixth form and take biology and chemistry so I can get into my future career, but this will take up another 2 years of A-Level and that's 4 Years altogether!!! Is this wise? should I do this? or will it be a waste of time? I'm really scared because everyone else will be at university while I am with younger people, the thought of this makes me feel stupid and uncomfortable.

Any advice would be really helpful and I would be extremely grateful.
Thank you.
Doesn't sound like a sensible plan
1. Are you certain a new sixth form or college will take you for 2 A levels when you have already completed 3. I don't know a uk state school that would and they certainly would not be funded for the second set and would have to charge.
2. Are you certain taking A levels over 4 years will be acceptable for the course you plan to study at the universities you'd want to go to?

Could you not complete some AS this year and switch to the courses you really want next year, thus only taking three years? Are there degree courses with a foundation year that would take you with good results in your current subjects and teach you the science you need for your chosen degree?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What future career are you after?
- Forensic Science
-Hospital Doctor
- Paramedic

I don't mind going into any of these
Original post by AwsomeUnicorn
- Forensic Science
-Hospital Doctor
- Paramedic

I don't mind going into any of these

Prospective medical students don't generally have to retake maths GCSE or take A levels over 4 years without exceptional extenuating circumstances, not sure hospital doctor is a realistic goal and not by the route you have set out.
There are loads of paramedic science or forensic science foundation courses that would consider you without science A levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest