The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath Offer Holders 2016

It seems like a lot of us have got offers from Bath so I think maybe it's time to make this thread :wink:. Good luck everyone!!

Mod edit: find the firmers' thread here.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I got Economics with placement ! The offer is A*AA
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Natural sciences masters with placement, A*AA :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by RonnieRJ

are you ****ing kidding me Ronnie? the early entry deadline hasn't even passed yet :colonhash:

so did you apply for Cambridge in the end?
Reply 4
Original post by Radk
are you ****ing kidding me Ronnie? the early entry deadline hasn't even passed yet :colonhash:

so did you apply for Cambridge in the end?

Haha I know I was so surprised myself :biggrin:
And yes I did, I know I'll have to wait till about mid November to hear about a possible interview so :biggrin:

Gee whiz, the amount of options that you have to pick in your first year...even an accounting module is there that I'm studying this year! It looks fun.
Reply 6
Original post by SeanFM
Gee whiz, the amount of options that you have to pick in your first year...even an accounting module is there that I'm studying this year! It looks fun.

I know right it's great, I loved how broad the subject was (and I can avoid mechanics in physics so :colone:) :biggrin:
I know right it's great, I loved how broad the subject was (and I can avoid mechanics in physics so :colone:) :biggrin:

Haha, I'm with you there. I'm studying Maths at Bath and I'm doing my best to avoid any mechanics.

Good luck with the Cam interview should you get one.
Reply 8
Haha I know I was so surprised myself :biggrin:
And yes I did, I know I'll have to wait till about mid November to hear about a possible interview so :biggrin:

well congrats on the offer :smile:

nice, which college? ive applied to, to Emmanuel for maths, so we shall see. tbh I'm not expecting an offer at all, I just want to go and have some fun there for a few days :biggrin:
Reply 9
I'm not an offer holder of Bath but live nearby so just putting it out there that Bath is an absolutely great city. So much to do and so pretty. You'll have a great time there :smile:
Original post by SeanFM
Haha, I'm with you there. I'm studying Maths at Bath and I'm doing my best to avoid any mechanics.

Good luck with the Cam interview should you get one.

Oh right! Baths lovely, I got to stay in the quads for a week for free in the summer but if I end up going there, the £150 a week doesn't sound appealing enough to go for it :/ what accomodation are you in?
And thanks very much I hope so!

Original post by Radk
well congrats on the offer :smile:

nice, which college? ive applied to, to Emmanuel for maths, so we shall see. tbh I'm not expecting an offer at all, I just want to go and have some fun there for a few days :biggrin:

Aw thank you!
And I applied to Magdalene after all, tbh my expectations of even an interview have been slowly fading away haha but I won't be that gutted if I don't get it, bath was my second choice and I'm quite confident I can get A*AA so I'd go happily go there instead if anything :smile:
Oh right! Baths lovely, I got to stay in the quads for a week for free in the summer but if I end up going there, the £150 a week doesn't sound appealing enough to go for it :/ what accomodation are you in?
And thanks very much I hope so!

I was in Eastwood for my first year. Unfortunately only first years and and a few other students that meet certain criteria are allowed to live on campus, so I'm in the city now. Eastwood was the cheapest at £88 p/w (they've raised the price by a tiny bit this year) and it was still a really nice place to live.
Original post by SeanFM
I was in Eastwood for my first year. Unfortunately only first years and and a few other students that meet certain criteria are allowed to live on campus, so I'm in the city now. Eastwood was the cheapest at £88 p/w (they've raised the price by a tiny bit this year) and it was still a really nice place to live.

Oh right yeah I heard most people just rent out houses with mates in second year. And that's alright, did you share a room?
Oh right yeah I heard most people just rent out houses with mates in second year. And that's alright, did you share a room?

Yes, that's true.

Each block has one shared room, which I think was £60 p/w last year for Eastwood. I had a single room, but one of the guys that was sharing with someone else moved to a different room in the same block so one guy had this big room (meant for 2 people) all to himself at a cheaper price!
Original post by SeanFM
Yes, that's true.

Each block has one shared room, which I think was £60 p/w last year for Eastwood. I had a single room, but one of the guys that was sharing with someone else moved to a different room in the same block so one guy had this big room (meant for 2 people) all to himself at a cheaper price!

Oh right that's really cheap actually and haha wow luckyyy! Knowing me though I'd be stuck with someone I hate :|
Oh right that's really cheap actually and haha wow luckyyy! Knowing me though I'd be stuck with someone I hate :|

Chances are you'd be sharing with a girl (I think?) but I suspect that you knew that already and that it doesn't really change things.
But I do know a fair few people who've moved from one place to another. It is a bit awkward but if you really don't get on it is an option.
Original post by SeanFM
Chances are you'd be sharing with a girl (I think?) but I suspect that you knew that already and that it doesn't really change things.
But I do know a fair few people who've moved from one place to another. It is a bit awkward but if you really don't get on it is an option.

Yeah most likely they'd do girls and boys seperately but idk id probably just get annoyed with someone being there 24/7 haha :smile: did you share a bathroom?
Yeah most likely they'd do girls and boys seperately but idk id probably just get annoyed with someone being there 24/7 haha :smile: did you share a bathroom?

Yeah, we all need our own space sometimes.

I shared two showers and two toilets with 10 other guys (I didn't apply for a single-sex house, and everyone else in the house claimed to have done the same....) and it was okay, as long as there are *some* people who are organised and can get the other people onside to clean, keep it tidy etc then it should be okay.

And just so you know, I'll add some of these questions to the FAQ on the 'ask a current student' thread in this subforum. :smile:
Original post by SeanFM
Yeah, we all need our own space sometimes.

I shared two showers and two toilets with 10 other guys (I didn't apply for a single-sex house, and everyone else in the house claimed to have done the same....) and it was okay, as long as there are *some* people who are organised and can get the other people onside to clean, keep it tidy etc then it should be okay.

And just so you know, I'll add some of these questions to the FAQ on the 'ask a current student' thread in this subforum. :smile:

Oh right i guess that's not too bad. I want an en suite but then the extra money is making me a bit unsure :| I might just settle for shared just so I have enough money to eat :tongue: and yeah that's all cool
Oh right i guess that's not too bad. I want an en suite but then the extra money is making me a bit unsure :| I might just settle for shared just so I have enough money to eat :tongue: and yeah that's all cool

Maybe with careful budgeting and some support or a source of income you could afford an en suite. For me the sinks/toilet on my floor were literally a 2 second walk away from my room, and for the person furthest away it was about 5-6 seconds from theirs, so chances are you'll never be too far from a toilet! I guess there's still the problem of hygiene/privacy though.

Quick Reply

Latest