The Student Room Group

Oxford A101 Graduate Medicine 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I received a rejection letter in the post this morning, which was a bit upsetting. The letter was a very generic one, but apparently there was a lot of competition this year; 12 applicants per place!

Only two more universities left for me!
Original post by Azalea.
I received a rejection letter in the post this morning, which was a bit upsetting. The letter was a very generic one, but apparently there was a lot of competition this year; 12 applicants per place!

Only two more universities left for me!

onwards and upwards! which are your remaining two?
Which address did they post it to? The postal address on UCAS or the home address ? Ive gone to check the mail box and i haven't recieved anything! I'm dying 😞
Reply 83
Original post by Catherine1193
onwards and upwards! which are your remaining two?

I've been rejected from King's too (spent the last three years studying there as well!). I'm still waiting on Leeds and Brighton. Yourself? :smile:
Reply 84
Original post by medparanoid
Which address did they post it to? The postal address on UCAS or the home address ? Ive gone to check the mail box and i haven't recieved anything! I'm dying 😞

I'm living at home at the moment, so I've put down my home address on all the applications. I spoke to the university prior to my rejection, and the woman said that the rejection letters are being sent out in two batches; some applicants will receive them this week, others will get them early next week.

Where else have you applied? :smile:
Reply 85
Original post by hdexy6
I'm worried they didn't meant to sent me the "very likely" email... My BMAT was shocking. I think something else must be swaying them...

Totally with you. I'm not getting my hopes up until the interview offer actually comes.
Which college did you apply to? I applied for Sommerville.
Original post by Azalea.
I'm living at home at the moment, so I've put down my home address on all the applications. I spoke to the university prior to my rejection, and the woman said that the rejection letters are being sent out in two batches; some applicants will receive them this week, others will get them early next week.

Where else have you applied? :smile:

At least i can just accept the fact that i am going to get a rejection letter regradless of which address it goes to then! I'm still thinking of the conversation i had with the woman and she didnt mention anything about me being rejected :frown:
I've applied to Imperial, Leeds and Brighton :/ i have no hope ... Never thought i'm good enough for all this... Sorry if i sound depressing, i'm going through a hard time atm :frown:

Where are you applying? :smile:
Reply 87
Hey guys, sorry to hear about everyone receiving rejection letters :frown: I take it that no more interviews are handed out from now?

I think I know the answer but helplessly looking for that glimpse of hope..
Original post by katiemmk
Hey guys, sorry to hear about everyone receiving rejection letters :frown: I take it that no more interviews are handed out from now?

I think I know the answer but helplessly looking for that glimpse of hope..

Same :frown:
Reply 89
At least i can just accept the fact that i am going to get a rejection letter regradless of which address it goes to then! I'm still thinking of the conversation i had with the woman and she didnt mention anything about me being rejected :frown:
I've applied to Imperial, Leeds and Brighton :/ i have no hope ... Never thought i'm good enough for all this... Sorry if i sound depressing, i'm going through a hard time atm :frown:

Where are you applying? :smile:

You don't have to apologise! Oxford has always been a dream of mine, and it's difficult to accept this rejection! I know how you feel.

You still have three universities to go! I applied to King's (rejection in November), and Leeds and Brighton like you! If you don't mind me asking, what do you do now; are you studying at university, working, etc? :smile:
Original post by Azalea.
You don't have to apologise! Oxford has always been a dream of mine, and it's difficult to accept this rejection! I know how you feel.

You still have three universities to go! I applied to King's (rejection in November), and Leeds and Brighton like you! If you don't mind me asking, what do you do now; are you studying at university, working, etc? :smile:

Oh im sorry about the rejection, fingers crossed for the rest!! And I am studying medical sciences right now,how about you?
Reply 91
another rejection letter at this end..
Reply 92
Oh im sorry about the rejection, fingers crossed for the rest!! And I am studying medical sciences right now,how about you?

Medical sciences sounds interesting! I graduated in July, taking a gap year at the moment!

Any idea when we'll be hearing from Leeds/Brighton? :smile:
Original post by katiemmk
another rejection letter at this end..

I still haven't gotten a letter or an email... I don't even know what to feel anymore
Original post by Azalea.
Medical sciences sounds interesting! I graduated in July, taking a gap year at the moment!

Any idea when we'll be hearing from Leeds/Brighton? :smile:

Oh, I guess if I don't get in then I will either do masters or do a physician's associate course... I guess if you do masters in research and then apply they tend to like you more as a graduate applicant....I think leeds and Brighton will get to us around the 15th :frown: I can't deal with the waiting no more ....
Reply 95
Oh, I guess if I don't get in then I will either do masters or do a physician's associate course... I guess if you do masters in research and then apply they tend to like you more as a graduate applicant....I think leeds and Brighton will get to us around the 15th :frown: I can't deal with the waiting no more ....

15th seems so far! Oh well, here's to hoping I receive some good news from the other universities. Which university do you study at?
Reply 96
I still haven't gotten a letter or an email... I don't even know what to feel anymore

numb is a close description of mine right now.

where else have you applied?

I'm waiting for UCL, BSMS, Imperial (not keen).
BMAT: 4.9, 3.8, 2.5 A, not sure why I was so surprised by Oxford rejection hahahahahah *cry*
Original post by Azalea.
I've been rejected from King's too (spent the last three years studying there as well!). I'm still waiting on Leeds and Brighton. Yourself? :smile:

birmingham i have an interview and waiting on liverpool. so i also have 2 left
Reply 98
Original post by Catherine1193
birmingham i have an interview and waiting on liverpool. so i also have 2 left

Congratulations for your Birmingham interview; hope you smash it! I'm usually quite patient, but I don't think I can wait any longer to hear back universities! Is this your first time applying?
Original post by Azalea.
Congratulations for your Birmingham interview; hope you smash it! I'm usually quite patient, but I don't think I can wait any longer to hear back universities! Is this your first time applying?

its my first time applying as a graduate. I applied as an undergrad and got 2 interviews but no offers- so I did my degree and now I'm applying again. After 3 years I hope this year is my year. Il continue applying until I get in but I really don't want to. I want to be back at uni already. I know the wait is painstaking. I only have to hear from liverpool now and thats january if you are successful for interview so thats annoying but i have birmingham prep to keep me busy. What about yourself?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending