The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway Applicants 2016

Hey all,

I haven't seen a thread for Royal Holloway applicants for this year, so I thought I'd make one!

Fill out the form below and introduce yourself!

Course:
A2-Level Predicted Grades:
A2-Level Subjects:
AS-Level Grades:
AS-Level Subjects:
GCSEs:
Other:

------------------------------
Course: English and Creative Writing
A2-Level Predicted Grades: A*AAa
A2-Level Subjects: English Literature, History, Drama, (plus AS Creative Writing)
AS-Level Grades: AABB
AS-Level Subjects: English Literature, History, Drama, Classical Civilisation
GCSEs: 4A*s, 2As, 3Bs, and 2Cs
Other: Applying for deferred entry

Scroll to see replies

So I've been looking through the forums, and no one has created a page for the people starting Royal Holloway in 2016! I have a deferred my offer and i'm enjoying the year out, but i'm really jealous of all my friends who have disappeared off to uni and thought it'd be nice to set up a page for all of us waiting for freshers 2016/17. I'm so excited >.<
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Hey, I'm in the same boat as you! I applied for deferred entry and I'm getting really excited to start next year, now that I'm seeing all my friends leave :smile: What are you going to study?
Yeah it makes me really jealous! I'm doing Zoology-what are you studying? And what accommodation are you thinking?
I'm going to be doing Psychology :smile: I would really like Kingswood 2, even though it's one of the more expensive ones. I'm looking into bringing my bike to the uni too, so I don't have to walk everywhere all the time. How about you?
oh wow, psychology at RHUL is meant to be one of the best, i bet you're proud to have gotten in!
I'm thinking Tuke (but the band G one) because i really want to be on campus - i'm just worried about the price Β£$Β£$Β£
yeah, I'm really pleased! :smile: the whole uncertainty during the application process of not knowing where to go was really stressful and I'm really glad I have a place in a good uni for something I want to do, it's such a relief! I can see why you want to be on campus, things seem really spread out there in terms of accomodation D: Yeaaaaaah the price... I'm gonna work and save up as much as I can this year so I'll have less worries while I'm there
Yeah, I have a full time job in order to try and save - but i also have to save for a trip to Australia in july - which will be priceyyy...I just cant wait to go to uni already:biggrin:
I hope that'll it'll be a little cheaper in the second year, but we'll see :smile: Australia will be really cool though! I hope you'll have a lot of fun - how long are you planning on staying there?
Only for a month, because im going with my bestfriend and she cant do longer!
sounds nice though! that will probably a really fun, adventurous trip before uni starts :smile:
Course: Management with Marketing
A2-Level Predicted Grades: AAA
A2-Level Subjects: Maths, History, Economics
AS-Level Grades:AAAB
AS-Level Subjects:Maths, History, Economics, Eng Lit
GCSEs: None
Other:Really nervous :frown:
Original post by prepdream
Course: Management with Marketing
A2-Level Predicted Grades: AAA
A2-Level Subjects: Maths, History, Economics
AS-Level Grades:AAAB
AS-Level Subjects:Maths, History, Economics, Eng Lit
GCSEs: None
Other:Really nervous :frown:

Wow, you have great AS grades! I am nervous too! Have you sent off your application yet? :smile:
Original post by RebeccaTheWhovia
Wow, you have great AS grades! I am nervous too! Have you sent off your application yet? :smile:

Thanks, yours are really good as well! Yes, I have, just received an email yesterday from UCAS which said that I can track my application :s How about you? :biggrin:
Hello!
I'm applying to study English
AS: AAAA English Lit, Drama, Art, Film
A level predicted: A*A*A* (dropped Film)
Sent off my application on the 30th :s-smilie:
Wonder if anyone has received an acknowledgement email from RHUL regarding your UCAS?
I remember being this nervous last year! It's okay though, if your course asks for an interview then that's really good! i got way lower than my required ABB and they have given me an unconditional offer for Biology... It's because they take you as a person and your personal statement so seriously, you're likely to still get an offer! you just need to be passionate about the subject.. now i just have enjoy my year out, knowing I'll be there in september 2016 :h:
Hello! I just received my application acknowledgement! :-)

Course: English
A2-Level Predicted Grades: A*A*A*A*
A2-Level Subjects: English Literature, Psychology, Economics, Maths
AS-Level Grades: AAAA (90.7%)
AS-Level Subjects: English Literature, Psychology, Economics, Maths
GCSEs: 2A* (Eng and Lit), 3A, 4B
Other: International applicant, doing CIE A-Levels hehe

Is it better for your app if you're interviewed? I mean, I live quite a few countries away and it'd be really hard for me to get to an interview!
Original post by Jayd Shah
Hello! I just received my application acknowledgement! :-)

Course: English
A2-Level Predicted Grades: A*A*A*A*
A2-Level Subjects: English Literature, Psychology, Economics, Maths
AS-Level Grades: AAAA (90.7%)
AS-Level Subjects: English Literature, Psychology, Economics, Maths
GCSEs: 2A* (Eng and Lit), 3A, 4B
Other: International applicant, doing CIE A-Levels hehe

Is it better for your app if you're interviewed? I mean, I live quite a few countries away and it'd be really hard for me to get to an interview!

If you're an international student they don't expect you to fly to England! they won't ask you for an interiew - they'll just look at your grades and PS. But looking at your grades, i wouldnt worry!
Just received my application acknowledgement and login details! Exciting stuff :biggrin:
I sent my application off two weeks ago though, so maybe they send them out in batches or have just started sending them out now??

Quick Reply

Latest