The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

I got a letter about an unconditional offer for psychology but on track it still says conditional. :/ Does anyone know if I have to give it time to change or if it should have changed straight away? Thanks x
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 221
Original post by unobliging
I got a letter about an unconditional offer for psychology but on track it still says conditional. :/ Does anyone know if I have to give it time to change or if it should have changed straight away? Thanks x

If it's only an unconditional offer if you firm it then it won't change on track xxx
Original post by unobliging

I was sent an email from RHUL saying if I firm the offer, they will change it to an unconditional. It still says conditional on Track even after I firmed it but I read that it takes time for them to change it, RHUL has to contact UCAS and inform them etc so you should give it time to change. If it still doesn't change after a while, I recommend calling up the uni as I plan to do so if it remains the same xx
Original post by lmxxx97
If it's only an unconditional offer if you firm it then it won't change on track xxx

Thanks makes sense :smile: x
Original post by Elicia3l
I was sent an email from RHUL saying if I firm the offer, they will change it to an unconditional. It still says conditional on Track even after I firmed it but I read that it takes time for them to change it, RHUL has to contact UCAS and inform them etc so you should give it time to change. If it still doesn't change after a while, I recommend calling up the uni as I plan to do so if it remains the same xx

Thank you, not sure if I'm going to firm it but if I do I'll check it changes to unconditional xx
Anyone get a surprise offer?

I applied for rhul fully expecting them to reject me, as they literally said, "we will not even consider you if you have predicted grades of lower than an ABB" (This is for Psychology)

The other day I received an offer from them (AAB - same as stated entry requirements) within an hour of them receiving my application. I have predicted grades of BBB, and my AS grades are not great. (We don't have to go into that haha)

Anyone else on the Applicant Day this Wednesday?
Original post by Mega/n
Anyone going to the applicant visit day on the 2nd of December?

I am! :smile: For Psychology, what subject for you?
Reply 227
does anyone know of the criteria you have to meet in order to stand a chance of getting an unconditional offer from RHUL?
Reply 228
Course: Business and Management
A2-Level Predicted Grades: ABB
A2-Level Subjects: Chemistry, Biology, Business Studies
AS-Level Grades: BCCCD
AS-Level Subjects: Chem, Bus, Chem, Critical Thinking, Maths
GCSEs: 7A's 4B's

Plus an offer from RHUL (amongst others).
Reply 229
Original post by ImcalledKat
I am! :smile: For Psychology, what subject for you?

English :smile:
Reply 230
Original post by prepdream
Course: Management with Marketing
A2-Level Predicted Grades: AAA
A2-Level Subjects: Maths, History, Economics
AS-Level Grades:AAAB
AS-Level Subjects:Maths, History, Economics, Eng Lit
GCSEs: None
Other:Really nervous :frown:

I don't understand why you're nervous :/ sounds like you want some attention
Because I am
Predicted: ABB
AS Grades: BCDE
AS subjects: Product Design, Applied Business, Travel and Tourism, Maths

And I got an offer few days ago :/ of ABB
Course: Film, Television and Digital Production
A2-Level Predicted Grades: D*DB
A2-Level Subjects: BTEC IT Level 3 National Diploma, Media Studies, English Lit & Lang
AS-Level Grades: BCEU
AS-Level Subjects:colone:nglish Lit & Lang, Media Studies, History and Physics
GCSEs: A*, 4 A's, 4 B's

I have an applicant day and interview tomorrow, safe to say I'm bricking it.
I'd advise that you read the other threads on here about psychology at Royal Holloway before you firm it! Anyway, if you are predicted anything ABB or above you could almost certainly get in to a Russell Group Uni?
Original post by kisho6
I don't understand why you're nervous :/ sounds like you want some attention
Because I am
Predicted: ABB
AS Grades: BCDE
AS subjects: Product Design, Applied Business, Travel and Tourism, Maths

And I got an offer few days ago :/ of ABB

Well, everyone who applies to university is nervous. And good grades don't always guarantee an offer. That's just the general feeling so I don't understand why you have to sound so harsh lol.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jdn01
does anyone know of the criteria you have to meet in order to stand a chance of getting an unconditional offer from RHUL?

I'm not sure exactly but I have a unconditional (if I firm RHUL) and my predicted grades are A*AA and I have no AS grades (I'm sitting both AS and A2 together this year)
Reply 235
Hi, I'm applying for MA Creative Writing and I'm from India! As an international student, I didnt really get to attend any open days, so I was wondering if anyone could give me an insight on what the university's like? Thanks!
got an offer for IR/politics/philosophy!
Original post by ud1894
Hi, I'm applying for MA Creative Writing and I'm from India! As an international student, I didnt really get to attend any open days, so I was wondering if anyone could give me an insight on what the university's like? Thanks!

Hey there,

You might be interested in exploring our campus at one of our Virtual Open Days. We are a campus based University located just outside of London. Students generally enjoy our close proximity to London whilst also favouring our close knit community feel. Yesterday four of our students took over our official twitter account, sharing their experiences of applying to, living and studying at Royal Holloway. I would recommend that you check this out to see what our students think about studying here.

Camilla :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 238
Original post by ud1894

Hi, I've graduate from Roho! It's a beautiful place and you're going to have many fond memories there. It's very campus-based; as a result you get a real sense of community there - especially if you're the sociable type. You will likely see the same faces on SU and Medicine nights! There's also lots of international students - in particular, Japanese, Russian, Kazakh, Chinese. Not as many Indians from what i remember, but still quite a large amount. Same goes for Korean. Roho advertises to overseas students ALOT - I have a feeling that's where it's getting its money from! As a result it's definitely very multi-cultural which is great.
It's also quite preppy though...lots of middle-class people wearing Jack Wills type thing. But you will find lots of different sorts of people. Most people are really nice and down to earth.
I dont' know many people who went to London regularly, but it's there if you want to go. About a 35-50train ride depending if you get the fast or slow train I think. Like I said, it's very campus based. So expect lots of house parties if you're the sociable type.
It honestly is lovely there, although you do tend to forget you live in a bit of bubble
Original post by lmxxx97
rhul was my third offer for Psychology and I've now had all my five offers, but I'm so torn between my top three! Is Royal Holloway a respected place for psychology, and does anybody know how easy it is to transfer from Psychology to the Psychology, clinical and cognitive neuroscience course? ty :-)

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

It should indeed be possible for you to switch programmes within Psychology. Please email [email protected] with your name, UCAS ID and Royal Holloway ID (if you have it!) along with this request and they should be able to help you out :smile:

Camilla

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending