Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by babooshkat
oh wow, those are some really good predicted grades! (i forgot to mention i'm doing epq too, haha). sorry to hear you were in hospital :frown:. i'm applying to ucl, southampton, kings and queen mary's (i like london a lot lol), haven't heard anything from them yet though as my ucas was only sent last thursday. what about you?

Thanks :smile: what's your EPQ topic? I've applied to Bristol, Cambridge, Exeter, LSE and obviously Royal Holloway. (I'm from London and pretty eager to get away lol) Apart from my RH offer, I've only had acknowledgements and my application was sent on the 12th October.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by KikiB17
Thanks :smile: what's your EPQ topic? I've applied to Bristol, Cambridge, Exeter, LSE and obviously Royal Holloway. (I'm from London and pretty eager to get away lol) Apart from my RH offer, I've only had acknowledgements and my application was sent on the 12th October.

probably to do with the impacts of gentrification, I still have some time to sort out the exact question though. what about you? ahh those are good choices, I was thinking of bristol and lse but didn't go with them in the end. good luck with cambridge! i'm from london too, but RH is still pretty far away from me
Reply 82
probably to do with the impacts of gentrification, I still have some time to sort out the exact question though. what about you? ahh those are good choices, I was thinking of bristol and lse but didn't go with them in the end. good luck with cambridge! i'm from london too, but RH is still pretty far away from me

Ahh cool, mine is about whether the UK was justified in their decision to end bilateral aid to South Africa. Thank you, I don't think I'm going to get in but I guess I'll have to wait and see :smile: yeah RH is the same for me, I think it's about an hour from me. What part of London are you from?
Original post by KikiB17
Ahh cool, mine is about whether the UK was justified in their decision to end bilateral aid to South Africa. Thank you, I don't think I'm going to get in but I guess I'll have to wait and see :smile: yeah RH is the same for me, I think it's about an hour from me. What part of London are you from?

oh that sounds really interesting! haha well you never know :smile: i'm from the south-east, you?
RHUL have just emailed asking me to fill in their disability services questionnaire before they pass my application to the next stage (as I stated having a medical condition on my UCAS). Anyone else done this?
Reply 85
oh that sounds really interesting! haha well you never know :smile: i'm from the south-east, you?

Ah ok, I'm from North London
Reply 86
Course: Geology with a Year in Industry
A2-Level Predicted Grades: AAA
A2-Level Subjects: Geology, Geography and Biology
Other: Received an ABB offer on the 27th :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by emmathereader
RHUL have just emailed asking me to fill in their disability services questionnaire before they pass my application to the next stage (as I stated having a medical condition on my UCAS). Anyone else done this?

Hi Emma,

I believe that this query is more directed at other applicants but I thought I'd just offer a little context to this.

Royal Holloway is keen to work with applicants who maybenefit from adjustments or support while at university as early as possible,to identify these needs and plan accordingly. This information is not used toinform any decisions regarding admission, as these decisions are based onacademic merit.

If you would prefer not to complete the survey at this time, please do let us know and we will proceed with processing your application. Also, if you would prefer to discuss this in more detail, I would recommend contacting our Admissions team directly either by email at [email protected] or by telephone on 01784 414944.

I hope this clarifies this a little more for you.

Please do let me know if there's anything else I can help you with :smile:

Camilla
Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
Hi Emma,

I believe that this query is more directed at other applicants but I thought I'd just offer a little context to this.

Royal Holloway is keen to work with applicants who maybenefit from adjustments or support while at university as early as possible,to identify these needs and plan accordingly. This information is not used toinform any decisions regarding admission, as these decisions are based onacademic merit.

If you would prefer not to complete the survey at this time, please do let us know and we will proceed with processing your application. Also, if you would prefer to discuss this in more detail, I would recommend contacting our Admissions team directly either by email at [email protected] or by telephone on 01784 414944.

I hope this clarifies this a little more for you.

Please do let me know if there's anything else I can help you with :smile:

Camilla

Hi Camilla,

Just a silly question! I too have said this on my UCAS application, but have not received a survey like this. Should I be worried that I haven't received one yet?

Thank-you so much for your help!

Rebecca

:smile:
Original post by RebeccaTheWhovia
Hi Camilla,

Just a silly question! I too have said this on my UCAS application, but have not received a survey like this. Should I be worried that I haven't received one yet?

Rebecca

I don't know when you sent yours, but it took three weeks before I received the disability questionnaire :smile:
Applied to Psychology, clinical and cognitive neuroscience on Monday (2nd November)
Predicted grades: A*AA (Psychology, maths and biology respectively)
AS Grades: ACCE (C's were few marks off B's so doing two re-sits)
GCSE's: 2A*, 6A, 2B

Constantly refreshing my emails but haven't received an acknowledgement email yet as I have with two other unis! I think I'm just panicking too much:afraid::afraid:

Anyone else applying to the same course?

And how long has it taken for people to hear back from RH?
anyone applying to accounting and management ?
im also very confused about whether to do accounting and finance or accounting & management, as i dont have a level maths, so i think i might struggle on A&F. is accounting and finance maths heavy? or does it depend on the uni ?
i do economics, business and psychology and predicated AAB.

Original post by FluorescentM
Applied to Psychology, clinical and cognitive neuroscience on Monday (2nd November)
Predicted grades: A*AA (Psychology, maths and biology respectively)
AS Grades: ACCE (C's were few marks off B's so doing two re-sits)
GCSE's: 2A*, 6A, 2B

Constantly refreshing my emails but haven't received an acknowledgement email yet as I have with two other unis! I think I'm just panicking too much:afraid::afraid:

Anyone else applying to the same course?

And how long has it taken for people to hear back from RH?

I applied on the 23rd for Psychology, got a conditional offer of AAB on the 26th. I didn't, however, get an acknowledgement email at all. Maybe they're just not giving those out. Don't panic!

P.S. if you wanted to know my grades, I got BBB at AS, and am predicted AAA.
Original post by annieprincess
I applied on the 23rd for Psychology, got a conditional offer of AAB on the 26th. I didn't, however, get an acknowledgement email at all. Maybe they're just not giving those out. Don't panic!

P.S. if you wanted to know my grades, I got BBB at AS, and am predicted AAA.

Well done on your offer! I've actually got a confirmation email and portal login details for all 5 of my choices! Panic over :smile: Where else have you applied?

And for some reason I thought I applied on Monday as I stated, time must be going real slow as I actually sent my UCAS off yesterday evening aha
(edited 8 years ago)
Well done on your offer! I've actually got a confirmation email and portal login details for all 5 of my choices! Panic over :smile: Where else have you applied?

And for some reason I thought I applied on Monday as I stated, time must be going real slow as I actually sent my UCAS off yesterday evening aha

I've applied to:

Surrey
Southampton
Warwick
Aston

but Warwick rejected me today :frown: no idea why. They ask for AAB and I'm predicted AAA.
I've applied to:

Surrey
Southampton
Warwick
Aston

but Warwick rejected me today :frown: no idea why. They ask for AAB and I'm predicted AAA.

Aww no! Those are all good unis, I was going to apply to Surrey too but changed it to be closer to London
Aww no! Those are all good unis, I was going to apply to Surrey too but changed it to be closer to London

Surrey is quite close to London, to be honest.

I probably won't get in though, if I didn't get into Warwick.

Where did you apply?
Surrey is quite close to London, to be honest.

I probably won't get in though, if I didn't get into Warwick.

Where did you apply?

Don't start thinking negative because you never know! Plus each universities focus on different parts of your application/have a different selection criteria :smile:

Well I meant as opposed to universities that are in London, I'm from the South West so going to university in London would be great for a change!

I've applied ambitiously, hopefully it won't be a regretful thing.

KCL, UCL, Queen Mary and Bath
Original post by RebeccaTheWhovia
Hi Camilla,

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,

We aim to send the survey out within one week of receiving the UCAS application. If you think that you should have received this and it's been longer than this, I would suggest that you email [email protected] who will be able to help you further.

Please do let me know if you have any other questions :smile:

Camilla
Course: Music and Politics
Irish Leaving Cert Predicted Grades: A1 A1 A1 A1 A2 B1 B2
Irish Leaving Cert Subjects: Music, Biology, History, Irish, Maths, English and German
Other: Just got a conditional offer, just 2 As and 3Bs!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending