The Student Room Group

dont wanna be average

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TSR Mustafa
How are you finding? , Or how did you find?

How did I find the university, you mean? A couple Internet searches, but I've lived here for a bit so I thought why not. The only downside is I commute from home so can't go out too late (only on weekends) or drink too much. :nn:
Original post by boomlizzie
ah i did just get BCC so its not unfair, i just am now realising how limited i am in my choices hahah - i am doing a few retakes to hopefully drag them up :colonhash:

Aww you aren't limited :O You just can't really realisticly apply for Russel Group unis. There are plenty of other decent ones out there :P And yeah do some retakes and hopefully you can bump those grades up and you will be fine :redface:
Original post by zyzzyspirit
How did I find the university, you mean? A couple Internet searches, but I've lived here for a bit so I thought why not. The only downside is I commute from home so can't go out too late (only on weekends) or drink too much. :nn:

Lmao , i forgot add "it" to my sentence . Im contemplating studying medcine abroad but im worried about the different language and also eastern european countries have a stigma surrounding racial acceptance. ( or im just ignorant)
yeah exactly! like the reputation of the uni matters to me for CCC its just quite depressing hahah

If it matters to you enough, you should work hard to get the grades to go to a university whose reputation is in line with your standards.

and i dont want to try to convice my teachers to put it up because then i might end up not even achieving my predicted grades hahahah

Apply with achieved grades next year if it's that big of a deal. You're going to have to achieve high grades sometime if reputation is that important to you.
ah i did just get BCC so its not unfair, i just am now realising how limited i am in my choices hahah - i am doing a few retakes to hopefully drag them up :colonhash:

Why don't you kill your exams this year? Get all A's? Apply through clearing/adjustment and go to a good uni? Or you can take a gap year and go to a good uni if there aren't any places left on results day? Duh
Lmao , i forgot add "it" to my sentence . Im contemplating studying medcine abroad but im worried about the different language and also eastern european countries have a stigma surrounding racial acceptance. ( or im just ignorant)

The course is in English, you'll be learning the local language as after your pre-clinical years you will need to speak to the patients and most of them won't be multilingual. You'll have plenty of time though, and it's easy to pick up the conversation skills once you befriend the locals.

Most students will come from abroad anyway so I don't see a reason to worry.
(edited 8 years ago)
The course is in English, you'll be learning the local language as after your pre-clinical years you will need to speak to patients and most of them won't be multilingual. You'll have plenty of time and it's easy to pick up the conversation skills once you befriend the locals.

Most students will come from abroad anyway so I don't see why you should be worried.

This medicine abroad thing. You've lived in the country already? Is it one of those European medical schools like Italy, Bulgaria and Romania? How come you did A levels and went there? And are you planning on coming to work in the UK? :smile:
The course is in English, you'll be learning the local language as after your pre-clinical years you will need to speak to the patients and most of them won't be multilingual. You'll have plenty of time and it's easy to pick up the conversation skills once you befriend the locals.

Most students will come from abroad anyway so I don't see why you should be worried.

Also is there medicine course valid everywhere?
Original post by High Stakes
This medicine abroad thing. You've lived in the country already? Is it one of those European medical schools like Italy, Bulgaria and Romania? How come you did A levels and went there? And are you planning on coming to work in the UK? :smile:

I have indeed, and yes, it is a European medical school. I did my A-Levels as a private candidate; whatever the local system is, it requires knowledge of their language so I wouldn't be able to pursue that.

Yeah, but we will see. It'll take at least 6 years so things are bound to change. Maybe I will meet the girl of my dreams here :biggrin:

Also is there medicine course valid everywhere?

Yes, you're even able to transfer to a UK or Irish university in the middle of your studies. Most students go back home once they're done with the course.
(edited 8 years ago)
aha thanks, i better just have no social life this year and work harder than ever and hope to go through adjustment i guess!! good luck to you!

Yes same! Well i guess we can both not have social lives aha, thank you!! You too 😊
I got BEE on my A-Levels and I'm studying Medicine.

wtf how???? did you get all A*'s at GCSE or something
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
wtf how???? did you get all A*'s at GCSE or something

Studying in a European medical school where only your performance in the entrance exam matters.
Studying in a European medical school where only your performance in the entrance exam matters.

cool have fun
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
cool have fun

Thanks, the workload's no fun though. :smile:
Reply 34
I'm in the same position... Except I got A, C, D, U at AS, I had some family issues at the time.
I carried on with the 'A', 'D' and 'U' graded subjects at A2 with the intentions to retake the AS exams for them.
I haven't yet been informed of my predicted grades but I have a feeling they will be low-ish maybe 'A', 'C', 'C' (in that order). Work my butt off is an UNDERSTATEMENT for what I shall be doing. I also want to get into a semi-decent uni... Come December, I'll start revising for my AS retakes and I'm cutting out my social life completely. I honestly wish you the best of luck cause I know it's not easy, but I have faith in you:smile:
Thanks, the workload's no fun though. :smile:

oh that sucks :/
Reply 36
Original post by High Stakes
Why don't you kill your exams this year? Get all A's? Apply through clearing/adjustment and go to a good uni? Or you can take a gap year and go to a good uni if there aren't any places left on results day? Duh

Never thought about applying through clearing... Smart
got predicted ccc for my a levels quite disappointed hahahh wondering if im even good enough for uni as i worked really hard in my ASs
anyone in the same position lol

Just because you got predicted CCC doesn't mean you will get it! I was predicted BBBB and I got AAAA .And even if you do get CCC just doing a levels alone is an achivement . Many people got kicked out of my sixth form as they didn't get above D so don't be hard on yourself, there are uni's that will take you. I recommend a site called HEAP online. On the site you can type in your grades or predicted ones and it will give you names of uni's that are within your range.
please tell me how youre studying medicine i have a feeling my predicted grades are going to be average but i really ant to study medicine

Quick Reply

Latest