The Student Room Group

Is Britain Racist?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
It's not the obvious, outspoken racists you need to be bothered with these days. At least you can spot them a mile off.

It's the so-called left-liberal individuals that regularly talk of tolerance and hatred for discrimination...but with the right application of pressure, will turn into the kind of bigot that would make Nick Griffin blush.

Though it can be highly amusing watching their tantrums when you disagree with them, and won't let them speak for you and your community. :rofl:
Original post by Betelgeuse-
I agree mostly with what your saying except the part about rejecting the Burka makes you islamophobic. Many people absolutely reject the Burka without a racist bone in their body. It is a stark reminder of archaic misogynistic oppressive values and is also completely unacceptable to cover your face in front of other people. Not got a problem with the Hijab

But not every women who wears a Burka is wearing it in representative of these archaic misogynistic oppressive values, although it seems that way from the outside, it is a choice. I think the only reason a burka may be a problem would be in a security checking sense, it's the same with Turbans.

But I don't agree with the way it was said "Take off your Burkas and adopt british values" it's disrespectful. It's obviously disrespectful to tell a modestly dressed person to "take it off" let alone in such an abrupt manner, do you understand where I am coming from? That's why it sounded islamophobic.
(edited 8 years ago)
A small handful are racist, mos of the time it's just people who've been raised up in an ignorant environment and follow the views of others like sheep.
Original post by That's so mean:(
Yes they are, the Bishop of Chelmsford even stated that "Church of England may not be guilty of racism but there is racism within the church".

I can even provide the source where he stated that.

If you don't believe me then you're just ignorant.

:facepalm:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I think the real question here is, why would they waste chicken nuggets like that?

Probably bought it from Mcdonalds with the intention to use it as ammunition for when he saw a person of color walking by.
Original post by william walker
:facepalm:

You lot are undercover racists fam.
Original post by drowzee
:lol: Wtf? I've had people throw food at my table at my old school, and one of them put online "throwing food at some pakees". They were known as absolute tramps, so I didn't care. They even spelt 'paki' wrong. We're not even Pakistani's, such ignorant fools.

Why is it always the skinheads? :lol: I've seen a few racist skinheads too.

Lol "Pakees" though. :laugh::laugh:

Did the teachers do anything about it?I can't remember.I doubt it. Since it was racist it should have been acknowledged better.
Probably bought it from Mcdonalds with the intention to use it as ammunition for when he saw a person of color walking by.

:rofl:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
:rofl:

Yo at least rep though i just made you laugh twice, my comedy is not free!
alot of people on this fourm are racist and i dont like it, so if people can stop it that be great
But the Queen is the supreme governor of the Church of England and you said the monarchy was racist.

The Queen isn't the Monarchy. She is the Monarch. Yeah defender of the Protestant faith, so as part of that the Monarch is governor of the Church of England. However within the Church it is or was governed by Church doctrine and led by the Archbishop's. The Monarch has not role within that. So the Church is independent of the Monarchy, but the Monarch is directly liked to the Church as to maintain the Protestant nature of the Head of state.
Lol "Pakees" though. :laugh::laugh:

Did the teachers do anything about it?I can't remember.I doubt it. Since it was racist it should have been acknowledged better.

They got excluded for a week, don't you remember? Then started calling us grasses, and then that chav stepped on your foot on purpose or something. :colonhash:
Original post by Segamad66
alot of people on this fourm are racist and i dont like it, so if people can stop it that be great

loool :laugh: you're funny.

and your

"People are racist, that's why I vote UKIP" ahahaha
(edited 8 years ago)

I laughed, and repped. :mmm:
Original post by Segamad66
yes britain is 100% racist, thats why i voted for UKIP, we need to get these people out,
people come here from other countries for free, trying to steal our jobs and we have to pay for education as well as travel.
so i think we should have some guards around the border and stop people from getting in.
also the prime minster sticks dicks in pigs for fun

- Unlike the millions you payed for your citizenship, right ?

- The most costly part to the state of a citizen is till working age and post retirement. As immigrants come at working age essentially the cost is mostly on the migrants host country. Enforce minimum wage and taxation then this shouldn't be an issue; Britain s main growth factor post crisis's has been due to cheaper skill cost.

- Stealing Jobs ? who's job ? you'r not entitled to any job, if you have the skills and are better then your competitor you are entitled to a job. There is no difference with what you want and nepotism.
Original post by Yawn!
It's not the obvious, outspoken racists you need to be bothered with these days. At least you can spot them a mile off.

It's the so-called left-liberal individuals that regularly talk of tolerance and hatred for discrimination...but with the right application of pressure, will turn into the kind of bigot that would make Nick Griffin blush.

Though it can be highly amusing watching their tantrums when you disagree with them, and won't let them speak for you and your community. :rofl:

why'd you tag me in this? not relevant to my points.

Going to make a steak now so.
But not every women who wears a Burka is wearing it in representative of these archaic misogynistic oppressive values, although it seems that way from the outside, it is a choice. I think the only reason a burka may be a problem would be in a security checking sense, it's the same with Turbans also.

But I don't agree with the way it was said "Take off your Burkas and adopt british values" it's disrespectful. It's obviously disrespectful to tell a modestly dressed person to "take it off" let alone in such an abrupt manner, do you understand where I am coming from? That's why it sounded islamophobic.

Women in secular tolerant western countries may wear it by choice (Though this is cloudy given culture and family influences). The fact is just because its a choice here in this country does not mean that the majority of women in Islamic countries and other cultures wear it out of necessity due to the abhorrent repercussions for not wearing it.

I don't see how covering your hair with a turban or Hijab is a security threat unlike a burqa. Then there is the issue of communication, people likely are ignorant to the importance of being able to see somebodies face and eyes to effectively communicate nevermind that it is common courtesy and respectful to not cover your face.

If a fashion trend took of tomorow similar to the snood and balaclava which covered a persons whole face, it would be opposed rejected and banned outright by everyone. Nothing to do with the persons religion behind the offensive clothing.

I think the fact that this group who made the comments are unreasonable and prejudiced is contributing to your view on this matter. Sounds to me that like a broken clock, they are right once a day and its on this issue they are correct.

:smug: I have the power to rep. I feel ever so powerful...
Reply 58

So that made me think, do you think Britain is racist?

Islamophobia is definitely present,

But then looking at the wider picture, it can be true that underlying racism is present even if it's only subconscious. When people say "That town doesn't feel like England anymore" or "This isn't our country anymore" and "Britain doesn't feel like Britain" sounds like that statement fuelled by hidden racism, even if it's not openly expressed with discriminatory words.

Yes yes and yes. I wouldn't say it's exactly fair to call Britain racist as a whole but from what I have seen it is a common underlying problem. Islamophobia is an even wider topic which is present in many of the people.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by drowzee
They got excluded for a week, don't you remember? Then started calling us grasses, and then that chav stepped on your foot on purpose or something. :colonhash:

lol I forgot. Whoops...

Yeah she kicked me in Science :frown:

But I did better in Science then her...by a mile off, so :u:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending