The Student Room Group

Question about non-resit unis

So say I'm applying to Sheffield medicine and have met all their grade requirements and am doing 2 As resits along with the A-levels (so still within two years) just to get the ums and grades up overall but Sheffield doesnt accept resits. Is it fine to apply because you still meet their requirements before the resits anyway. They wioll just base everything before your resits.
Reply 1
Yes it will be fine as long as all units are done within the 2 years.
Original post by Fandalf
So say I'm applying to Sheffield medicine and have met all their grade requirements and am doing 2 As resits along with the A-levels (so still within two years) just to get the ums and grades up overall but Sheffield doesnt accept resits. Is it fine to apply because you still meet their requirements before the resits anyway. They wioll just base everything before your resits.

No, you'll have to check. Some medical courses have a "no resit or else you'll have slim next to no chance of being offered an interview/given an offer" policy.
Reply 3
Check their website it is hard to decipher but it does say that As resists are fine within the 2 years. Had the same query last year so emailed admissions to confirm -My daughter resat 1 As last year along with her A-levels and is now at sheffield med school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending