Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

21st birthday party ideas

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hey.
    apologies if this post doesn't belong here.
    ok so my 21st is coming up and i was convinced that i didnt want to celebrate but have now decided i do want to. just can't really think of what i want to do.
    anyone have any ideas - i'm meaning themes and stuff or whatever you think as there will probably be around 150-200 people there!
    thanks
    koko xx
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    miss popular lol!

for my 21st this year me and a few mates are going parachute jumping,

will be one to remember,

other than that im going to be getting extremly drunk with all my mates for the whole week!

think i shall be drunk for about 2 weeks straight as of i start uni on the 17th (first year) and my birthday is the 28th

so looking forward to it!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    On my 21st birthday, I got drunk, opened presents, broke most of those presents, cried for a while, got drunk some more, passed out. Quite sad really.

But as for you, are you looking to have a formal affair or a more casual (fun :p:) party?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had a barbie, but mines in June so it might be a bit warmer. You could maybe rent out a social club room, the drinks might be quite cheap too!

As for themes, maybe make it an 80's night, as that the decade you were born. Or you could make it a beach party, or characted from films...ooooh it'd be so fun!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lambzy)
    miss popular lol!

for my 21st this year me and a few mates are going parachute jumping,

will be one to remember,

other than that im going to be getting extremly drunk with all my mates for the whole week!

think i shall be drunk for about 2 weeks straight as of i start uni on the 17th (first year) and my birthday is the 28th

so looking forward to it!
    oo it wouldnt be just my friends!! the parachute jump thing im planning on doing for charity anyway, so dont want that as my 21st thing ... x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I_Surf_Hawaii)
    On my 21st birthday, I got drunk, opened presents, broke most of those presents, cried for a while, got drunk some more, passed out. Quite sad really.

But as for you, are you looking to have a formal affair or a more casual (fun :p:) party?
    it would be a formal fun party if that makes sense ... with a sort of wide range in ages ...
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    for my 21st I'm having an adult kids party, complete with bouncy castle, vodka jelly and ice cream, pass the parcel with rude presents etc. I'm really looking forward to it!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -x-Nina-x-)
    for my 21st I'm having an adult kids party, complete with bouncy castle, vodka jelly and ice cream, pass the parcel with rude presents etc. I'm really looking forward to it!
    that is such a cool idea!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    you could rent out a boat and have a thematic party. since its going to be all ages why not try a superhero theme?
    or you could always go concerts/gigs thats always awesome and unforgetful ^^
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Death_Chronic)
    you could rent out a boat and have a thematic party. since its going to be all ages why not try a superhero theme?
    or you could always go concerts/gigs thats always awesome and unforgetful ^^
    i like the superhero theme ... v.cool!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Black and white theme (I went to a great 21st last year, held in a hotel, the birthday girl wore an amazing white dress and her bf a white tux, and everyone else had to be in black dresses/tux. Balloons and table decorations and everything was black and white)
    Pink theme? EWveryone has to wear one item of pink (or any other colour)
    Superhero party
    Pirates
    "What did you want to be when you grew up"
    Famous couples/Hollywood party
    Fantasy characters
    Pimps and Prostitutes/Tarts and vicars etc
    Think of a letter (maybe your initial) and everyone has to come as something beginning with that letter.
    Miss/Mr World pageant party - everyone has to come as a different country (someone could dress up as Statue of Liberty, Viking, geisha girl, russian doll, one of those yodel girls like in Charlies Angels 2, boys could come as a typical French character with onions and a beret etc etc)
    Childrens party idea is great - you could always hire a funfair ride or have Coconut Shy/Shoot the duck stalls where people play for drinks or silly prizes etc.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Ooh good thread! I'm currently thinking of ideas for my boyfriend and his friend's joint 21st party! We're going to hire out a local social club.

I really want a themed party, but am unsure still....have to decide quick as need to get invites out!!

We're thinking of pirates, but any other ideas not mentioned before??
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    ^^^ EDIT: If we did do pirates, anyone got any good ideas of how to decorate the hall?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was quite boring really - went out for a meal with 5 friends, and we then went to the pub and got smashed

My sis, on the other hand, had a Disney theme party for her 18th, so you might want to run with that
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    for my 21st i hired out my local pub for the evening and got rather drunk, was great to see all my mates and family under one roof, i had to down a yard of beer...but couldnt do it so my mum did instead.......the shame

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 4, 2007
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.