The Student Room Group

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i've just started studying education studies (degree), and i absolutely HATE IT. I'm thinking of changing my degree and do social work instead. the question is if i do a degree in social work, can i do a post graduate course in nursing? sounds stupid but serious question..
first off

don't bump when it's been 10 minutes.

second

ask your academic adviser pumpkin.
Reply 2
Original post by Still Sweet
first off

don't bump when it's been 10 minutes.

second

ask your academic adviser pumpkin.

good idea, I will tomorrow.
Original post by samina_ay
i've just started studying education studies (degree), and i absolutely HATE IT. I'm thinking of changing my degree and do social work instead. the question is if i do a degree in social work, can i do a post graduate course in nursing? sounds stupid but serious question..

Technically you could do but if you know you want to do nursing then it would be much better to do that for the outset.
As both are careers that require registration to continue working as them so you would find it very hard to be both a social worker and a nurse still and not let your registration lapse on one of them, you would be much better off having a really good think about what you really want to do with yourself and you have to get experience before you consider applying for either course anyway.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
Technically you could do but if you know you want to do nursing then it would be much better to do that for the outset.
As both are careers that require registration to continue working as them so you would find it very hard to be both a social worker and a nurse still and not let your registration lapse on one of them, you would be much better off having a really good think about what you really want to do with yourself and you have to get experience before you consider applying for either course anyway.

I originally applied for nursing but didn't get a place. so i decided to get into education studies and become a teacher.. hmm had my heart set on doing a job where i'm helping someone - got plenty of experience tbh, it's just my grades which let me down. thanks for your response.
Original post by samina_ay
I originally applied for nursing but didn't get a place. so i decided to get into education studies and become a teacher.. hmm had my heart set on doing a job where i'm helping someone - got plenty of experience tbh, it's just my grades which let me down. thanks for your response.

You can always do an extra qualification or a foundation year to be able to do whatever you decide to do.

Quick Reply

Latest