The Student Room Group

I feel sick all of the time

Over the past two weeks I have felt sick a lot. It's not all of the time it only occurs when I think I feel a little bit sick and then I worry and over think it to the point where I feel extremely sick, sometimes I feel like I'm going to vomit (which hasn't happened). I'm sick of feeling this way, as soon as I wake up I worry that I'm going to feel sick so then I wont want my breakfast, but I will force myself to eat it. Lunch isn't so bad because I'm at school, however tea time is the worst. It's at the point where I wont want my tea because I either feel sick from worrying that I'm going to feel sick or I'm worried I will feel sick afterwards. There are certain lessons in school where I feel like this to. My sister has a serve phobia of being sick, so if I ever try and talk to my mum about it she just says that I shouldnt mention it infront of my sister, and I cant mention going to the doctors to my mum because she will just say I'm mentioning it to scare my sister.
Someone please help I know it is just in my head but I dont know how to control/get rid of it.
I also have an hour and 45 minute exam tomorrow and I'm scared I will feel sick in that and have no where to go.
So yeah please help :frown:
Reply 1
well i used to have that worry, it kinda went away when i'd wake up around half an hour earlier than i normally would, and take my time going to the toilet, washing my face, warming up, slowly getting dressed, it'll kinda make me feel less sick for some reason

i never have breakfast because it makes me sick, but whenever i feel sick i drink water and take a moment to pause, it makes me feel better. Sometimes you'll get all sweaty and nauseous but if you just drink water and take your time it will pass. Make sure you go to the toilet and sort yourself out before the exam too! don't worry about it too much (which is what i did) but when i felt sick in the exam i just shut the paper and had a few sips of water, looked through it, twiddled my thumbs, calmed down, and got back to business

it passes in a few seconds. Water always helps, trust me... and something fizzy too
Original post by z33
well i used to have that worry, it kinda went away when i'd wake up around half an hour earlier than i normally would, and take my time going to the toilet, washing my face, warming up, slowly getting dressed, it'll kinda make me feel less sick for some reason

i never have breakfast because it makes me sick, but whenever i feel sick i drink water and take a moment to pause, it makes me feel better. Sometimes you'll get all sweaty and nauseous but if you just drink water and take your time it will pass. Make sure you go to the toilet and sort yourself out before the exam too! don't worry about it too much (which is what i did) but when i felt sick in the exam i just shut the paper and had a few sips of water, looked through it, twiddled my thumbs, calmed down, and got back to business

it passes in a few seconds. Water always helps, trust me... and something fizzy too

Water used to help me to because I have been through a phase like this in the past (im hoping its just a phase) but at the moment it can sometimes make me feel worse. I just dont know what to do because I know I should eat but I just cant :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by annabrocklehurst
Water used to help me to because I have been through a phase like this in the past (im hoping its just a phase) but at the moment it can sometimes make me feel worse. I just dont know what to do because I know I should eat but I just cant :frown:

awhhhh i feel you man :frown:
try something like juice
like when you go to school, at breaktime just sip on some apple juice, even if it takes you the whole 20 minutes because when you feel better then you can eat. Or you can get those little yoghurt containers and just sip on it slowly

when you get all sweaty and nauseous, i find just putting your head down and taking a second helps. I got this during my exam period too and have gotten it before (maybe it's stress?) but i just chewed a bit of mint gum to make me feel better. You could have some 7up or something... fizzy drinks really do help because they relieve pressure in your gut (which may be causing the nauseous feeling)

nice smelling things help too, spray your favourite perfume on the end of your jumper's arm, and cover your nose with it to get the smell whenever you feel sick
it calms you down

also chamomile tea really helps, with honey, even if you just smell it and not drink it, just sip on it a bit. Something warm like hot coco is nice too

just take it easy, write things down, draw, doodle, scribble, daydream, watch a video of your favourite youtuber, it will relax you and hopefully get rid of the feeling
make sure you wear a nice warm jacket or have a hot water bottle or one of those fluffy animal plushies you can put in the microwave to act as a hot water bottle

but yeah take it easy, the medical room is always there, you can get a note from the doctor for the anxiety if you explain it to her and she can write you a note that lets you take an exam in a separate room from the others so you won't be too worried

good luck :smile:
Original post by z33
awhhhh i feel you man :frown:
try something like juice
like when you go to school, at breaktime just sip on some apple juice, even if it takes you the whole 20 minutes because when you feel better then you can eat. Or you can get those little yoghurt containers and just sip on it slowly

when you get all sweaty and nauseous, i find just putting your head down and taking a second helps. I got this during my exam period too and have gotten it before (maybe it's stress?) but i just chewed a bit of mint gum to make me feel better. You could have some 7up or something... fizzy drinks really do help because they relieve pressure in your gut (which may be causing the nauseous feeling)

nice smelling things help too, spray your favourite perfume on the end of your jumper's arm, and cover your nose with it to get the smell whenever you feel sick
it calms you down

also chamomile tea really helps, with honey, even if you just smell it and not drink it, just sip on it a bit. Something warm like hot coco is nice too

just take it easy, write things down, draw, doodle, scribble, daydream, watch a video of your favourite youtuber, it will relax you and hopefully get rid of the feeling
make sure you wear a nice warm jacket or have a hot water bottle or one of those fluffy animal plushies you can put in the microwave to act as a hot water bottle

but yeah take it easy, the medical room is always there, you can get a note from the doctor for the anxiety if you explain it to her and she can write you a note that lets you take an exam in a separate room from the others so you won't be too worried

Going to try some of these method, thank you :smile:
Reply 5
Going to try some of these method, thank you :smile:

no problemo :tongue: ! let me know how you get on :biggrin:

Original post by z33
no problemo :tongue: ! let me know how you get on :biggrin:

Had a shaky start this morning not wanting to eat again, but my exam went fine thanks to your methods, thank you!! :smile:
Reply 7
Had a shaky start this morning not wanting to eat again, but my exam went fine thanks to your methods, thank you!! :smile:

awh i'm glad I could help! :biggrin: good luck with the others
You'll be fine, don't worry :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Over the past two weeks I have felt sick a lot. It's not all of the time it only occurs when I think I feel a little bit sick and then I worry and over think it to the point where I feel extremely sick, sometimes I feel like I'm going to vomit (which hasn't happened). I'm sick of feeling this way, as soon as I wake up I worry that I'm going to feel sick so then I wont want my breakfast, but I will force myself to eat it. Lunch isn't so bad because I'm at school, however tea time is the worst. It's at the point where I wont want my tea because I either feel sick from worrying that I'm going to feel sick or I'm worried I will feel sick afterwards. There are certain lessons in school where I feel like this to. My sister has a serve phobia of being sick, so if I ever try and talk to my mum about it she just says that I shouldnt mention it infront of my sister, and I cant mention going to the doctors to my mum because she will just say I'm mentioning it to scare my sister.
Someone please help I know it is just in my head but I dont know how to control/get rid of it.
I also have an hour and 45 minute exam tomorrow and I'm scared I will feel sick in that and have no where to go.
So yeah please help :frown:

What was the cause?
Original post by Mrslab1000
What was the cause?

Probs a lot of different things but maybe stress idk xoxo

Latest

Trending

Trending