The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm going to start mine in a week's time and haven't finished the coursework yet. I've done the complete plan but made many mistakes so have to correct them all quickly and memorize it as soon as possible.
Reply 21
Do you not get your information folders in the exam?
Reply 22
Only of the finance, like the figures. The rest has all got to be memorized. Do you?
Reply 23
yeh we get folders in our exam with whatever information we want in them. I've got my complete unit 2 coursework in there. You are allowed to take anything into the exam that you want, as long as it is in the folder before you start your timed sessions; and you must state that it is in the folder too. Bar that, you are allowed yes.
Reply 24
I'll have to reconfirm with my teacher then.
Reply 25
Yeh, our teacher said to not take too much in as it will waste a lot of time flicking through it, but hey!
Reply 26
Dude, thanks for telling me. My teacher said we have to go in and know it all by heart, except for the finance. It must be 10 times easier for you then.
Reply 27
One last question, did you do this coursework before and went into the exam? If that's the case, are you allowed to take it into the exam and just type it up seeing as it's all your work?
Reply 28
effectively yes

however, this was at AS level with AS level grade stuff in it - and also we have to encorporate year 2 stuff into it too
Reply 29
Oh dahm, I have to speak to my teacher because I'm finding it impossible to memorize it completely!
Reply 30
it's your school's policy, not the exam board; so they should not have tooo many problems with it.
Reply 31
Okay, we were allowed bullet points. I have been doing the coursework since 3 days and I have already finished it: 27 pages, 15'000 words in 8 hours. I now have 6 hours to read through the entire coursework and hand it in. It went quite well actually.
Reply 32
Surely not?! So you have finished it in 8 hours? We have had 8 hours and I am 3/4 of the way through it - so not going too bad.
Reply 33
Well our teacher had planned to do a section a day (during the 5 periods) but part c) really took me very little time so I managed to finished part d) the same day. How are you guys working through it? I mean how many sessions?
Reply 34
3 sessions a week of 1hour 20minutes a session
Reply 35
That seems much better to me. At least you don't get a headache sitting 3 hours in front of the computer a day, non-stop for 5 days.
Reply 36
Yeh - I start to 'lose' concentration by the end of the 1hr 20mins, so by the end of 3 hours it'd be useless!!! However, at least you have got your done now.
Reply 37
Hell yeah. Well the first day I was energetic and got loads done, the next day I just was in a state of "can't be ******* asked", and finally I finished it the third day.
Reply 38
have any of you got a plan or structure you could possibly send me for unit 8 please. I'm not really sure what i need to include. Is it alright to bring in things like definitions to add in when you're writing up?

Any information or advice will be greatly appreciated!
Reply 39
Well, I was allowed to bring in some notes on headings for my coursework and sub-headings of what I was to talk about, not direct notes. Have a look at the Edexcel website and look for the Specification. You're not allowed to take that into the exam but I was allowed to copy down the bullet points under each heading.

Latest

Trending

Trending