The Student Room Group

GEM January entry?

Just wondering does any uk university offer a course starting in January or is it all September starts?
Original post by Beki1
Just wondering does any uk university offer a course starting in January or is it all September starts?

Only Buckingham starts in January, but its a private university and over £30k a year.
But Medicine is a really rewarding career and you'll be earning double that within 5 years, so I recommend going for Buckhingham OP.
Original post by Hippysnake
But Medicine is a really rewarding career and you'll be earning double that within 5 years, so I recommend going for Buckhingham OP.

o.O I think you got medicine confused with investment banking there...
Original post by neuronerd
o.O I think you got medicine confused with investment banking there...

u high m8? doctors are minted. they earn too much for just giving people paracetamols and calpol and that pencillin stuff.
u high m8? doctors are minted. they earn too much for just giving people paracetamols and calpol and that pencillin stuff.

Have you been living in a cave that last few months? Doctors in the UK earn peanuts compared to other countries - those minted doctors? Yeah they are consultants with over 20 years experience. After 5 years they earn less than a tube driver (spoiler alert: also much less than 60k).

Here you go, the pay scale, note the number at the start is years experience:
http://bma.org.uk/support-at-work/pay-fees-allowances/pay-scales/juniors-pay-england

So yes that means 9 years after graduating med school doctors still don't even break 50k. Yet they work all the hours under the sun to save peoples lives.

Our doctors are talking about strike action due to the crap hours, the comparatively low wages and with the threat of an impending pay cut.

Lets hope you never need more than calpol, because I'm pretty sure if you get mangled by a car its doctors that perform the surgery that saves your life!

Toss pot
Have you been living in a cave that last few months? Doctors in the UK earn peanuts compared to other countries - those minted doctors? Yeah they are consultants with over 20 years experience. After 5 years they earn less than a tube driver (spoiler alert: also much less than 60k).

Here you go, the pay scale, note the number at the start is years experience:
http://bma.org.uk/support-at-work/pay-fees-allowances/pay-scales/juniors-pay-england

So yes that means 9 years after graduating med school doctors still don't even break 50k. Yet they work all the hours under the sun to save peoples lives.

Our doctors are talking about strike action due to the crap hours, the comparatively low wages and with the threat of an impending pay cut.

Lets hope you never need more than calpol, because I'm pretty sure if you get mangled by a car its doctors that perform the surgery that saves your life!

Toss pot

bruv, don't believe what they tell you, that site aint a reliable sauce, all the doctors i know even the new ones are minted. and who u calling a toss pot fam, I'm just calling it as i see it. and it aint doctors who operate, cuz they're not doctors. they're misters, they do a different course so i dont know what you're even on about.

#truthcuz
(edited 8 years ago)
bruv, don't believe what they tell you, that site aint a reliable sauce, all the doctors i know even the new ones are minted. and who u calling a toss pot fam, I'm just calling it as i see it. and it aint doctors who operate, cuz they're not doctors. they're misters, they do a different course so i dont know what you're even on about.

#truthcuz

*sigh* when will I learn not to feed the trolls...
*sigh* when will I learn not to feed the trolls...

:frown:, y u do dis? you can trust me, im a doctor so i know what im talking about. srs.
:frown:, y u do dis? you can trust me, im a doctor so i know what im talking about. srs.

To be fair your manner of speech isn't far from a shockingly large amount of my BLS group. I always hoped that they failed and didn't make it...
I always hoped that they failed and didn't make it...

Wow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending