The Student Room Group

English Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Well done to everyone getting offers! Got an offer from Exeter today - A* AA so very happy! And my UCL interview is this week which is terrifying but also really exciting :h:
Original post by english23
Well done to everyone getting offers! Got an offer from Exeter today - A* AA so very happy! And my UCL interview is this week which is terrifying but also really exciting :h:

Same - I got an offer from Exeter today ( AAB) and UCL interview on Wednesday :smile: best of luck for it! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=emsybearboho;60353593]Same - I got an offer from Exeter today ( AAB) and UCL interview on Wednesday :smile: best of luck for it! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done!!! Ah same day for the interview! We'll probably be in the same exam room doing the written exam X
Well done!!! Ah same day for the interview! We'll probably be in the same exam room doing the written exam X

Oh great hahaha! I hope it goes okay, good luck :smile: have you done any prep for it? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=emsybearboho;60354429]Oh great hahaha! I hope it goes okay, good luck :smile: have you done any prep for it? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks - good luck to you too! I've looked back over all my AS texts and made sure I've revised what's in my personal statement :smile: and I've practised analysing a few unseen poem- have you done much? X
Thanks - good luck to you too! I've looked back over all my AS texts and made sure I've revised what's in my personal statement :smile: and I've practised analysing a few unseen poem- have you done much? X

Exactly the same 😂 my college are giving me a mock interview tomorrow though :smile: hopefully will see you there! :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah hope the mock interview goes well and probably see you Wednesday! X
Original post by WaywardWriter
just got an offer from Birmingham for English language and literature. does anyone know when Nottingham start giving out offers? :biggrin:

Well done! When did you apply?
On the 20th of October, so about 2 weeks ago :smile:
@simbasdragon

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by emilywest98
That's fantastic :smile: may I ask what your predicted and AS grades are? Hopefully I will get an offer soon!

My AS grades were 4A's and my predicted grades are 3A* (which i highly doubt I will achieve hahaha)
Original post by WaywardWriter
On the 20th of October, so about 2 weeks ago :smile:
@simbasdragon

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's so good! I sent mine off 3 weeks ago from Birmingham and haven't heard back. What gcse's and as level results did you get, if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by simbasdragon
That's so good! I sent mine off 3 weeks ago from Birmingham and haven't heard back. What gcse's and as level results did you get, if you don't mind me asking?

I got 2 A*,3A'S, 3B'S and 2C's at GCSE. So yeah, not the greatest. But I got AAAB + A in the EPQ at AS. TBH, I was suprised to have got an offer because when I went to the open day in october they said that they don't generally give out offers until january :confused: So maybe they are giving them out in batches?
My predicted grades are A*A*A* (although I think that's VERY optimistic!) and I have applied for Oxford for English Language and Literature and Durham, Manchester, Sheffield and Edinburgh for straight English Literature :smile:

I've currently got an offer from Durham and Sheffield - anyone else applying the same places as me? :redface:
Reply 73
Original post by angryfeminist
My predicted grades are A*A*A* (although I think that's VERY optimistic!) and I have applied for Oxford for English Language and Literature and Durham, Manchester, Sheffield and Edinburgh for straight English Literature :smile:

I've currently got an offer from Durham and Sheffield - anyone else applying the same places as me? :redface:

I applied to Durham, when did you apply and when did you get your offer? :smile:
Reply 74
Predicted - A*A*A
AS - AAAB

Applied for English Literature at Exeter, Bristol, Durham, KCL and Nottingham :smile:

To people who've got offers, how long did it take for you to receive an offer?
Reply 75
Everyone seems to have gotten offers from Exeter already and I haven't got one yet :frown:

Cambridge people, how are you preparing for the essay at interview?
Reply 76
Original post by OGN
Everyone seems to have gotten offers from Exeter already and I haven't got one yet :frown:

Cambridge people, how are you preparing for the essay at interview?

What college at Cambridge are you applying to?
Reply 77
Original post by kishoret
What college at Cambridge are you applying to?

Selwyn! How about you?
Original post by kishoret
I applied to Durham, when did you apply and when did you get your offer? :smile:

I sent my application off on the 8th of October, but I already had the offer before I sent my UCAS form off since I did an assessed summer school and passed haha - I hear that usually Durham are slow on making offers, most of the time after Christmas :s-smilie: Which college did you pick? :smile:
Ah hope the mock interview goes well and probably see you Wednesday! X

How did you find it? 😂x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending