The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

LSE, UCL, KCL, SOAS applicant

I only got BCCD in my a levels (geog, maths, bio and french) and 5A*'s + 5A's in GCSE. I want to apply to management at these unis...what are my chances?
Unis: UCL, KCL, LSE, Birmingham, SOAS
Try QMUL. You're slightly more marketable in their eyes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Reply 2
Original post by Knightwars4

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got, AABD (Bio, chem, history and english)... and I want to apply to UCL and KCL, or should I not bother?
Reply 3
So do you think there's no chance??? To any of the units listed?
Reply 4
So do you think there's no chance to any of the units listed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by naztas
I got, AABD (Bio, chem, history and english)... and I want to apply to UCL and KCL, or should I not bother?

You've got a better chance than me and I got in on ABB and an A.

Posted from TSR Mobile
A very weak chance. Apply to more realistic unis that are closer in requirements to BCCD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
You've got a better chance than me and I got in on ABB and an A.

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow, thats awesome- well done to you! what course and uni do you go to?
Stop spamming the forum by making the same thread over and over again. :/

You're aiming far too high with the universities listed because I know, without even checking, that they'll want higher grades than the most optimistic (and non-ludicrous) predictions you could get - ABBC.

If you're that determined to go to these places, don't apply this year or apply to universities with lower requirements and then, if you have better grades than expected on results day, you can try to catch something in Adjustment (although I doubt LSE or UCL would have courses there) or reapply for entry in the following year.

Original post by AW97
I only got BCCD in my a levels (geog, maths, bio and french) and 5A*'s + 5A's in GCSE. I want to apply to management at these unis...what are my chances?
Reply 9
I'll probably have to apply next year with my real A2 grades, but do I lose anything by applying this year?
Original post by BoogieWoogie97
Stop spamming the forum by making the same thread over and over again. :/

You're aiming far too high with the universities listed because I know, without even checking, that they'll want higher grades than the most optimistic (and non-ludicrous) predictions you could get - ABBC.

If you're that determined to go to these places, don't apply this year or apply to universities with lower requirements and then, if you have better grades than expected on results day, you can try to catch something in Adjustment (although I doubt LSE or UCL would have courses there) or reapply for entry in the following year.
Don't bother applying to UCL and LSE, you don't stand a chance. 0%.
Yes but not a huge amount. You'll have to pay the UCAS application fee and spend time filling in the application form, including a personal statement. I don't think you'd be losing anything more than that. However, I recommend applying to universities with lower grade requirements than LSE and UCL - you will likely receive instant rejections from those institutions with your grades.

Original post by AW97
I'll probably have to apply next year with my real A2 grades, but do I lose anything by applying this year?
Original post by AW97

@AW97

I'm glad you're interested in attending SOAS! Unfortunately our entry level requirements is AAB-ABB. I'm assuming those are your predicted grades? If so, then there's good news! You still have time to get better results. Sure it'll take some hard work, some diligence and the occasional weekend in, but you're not too far off. We at SOAS have faith in you!

It's hard to predict if there will be spaces available during clearing, but if there are spaces, then that is another avenue that you can travel down.

Most people tend to do better than expected on results day. If not, have you thought about resitting some of them?

Nevertheless, with a strong application, a strong personal statement and if you get invited for an interview, a strong interview, then I'm sure you'll be fine.

Whatever you do, don't get discouraged. You still have plenty of time left to work hard and achieve those grades!

Best of luck. And if you need anything don't hesitate to PM me or drop by our 2016 SOAS Application Thread

~Mike

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending