The Student Room Group

Do girls care about the food they eat on first date?, is Nandos alright?

I was just wondering if girls are picky, got my first date tomorrow and im taking her out for dinner. Is nandos a good place or should i take her somewhere more expensive. If so, what?

Scroll to see replies

Depends on the type and possible class. But I would be pretty chuffed to go to Nandos. :colondollar:
Reply 2
As long as it's not McDonalds or kfc, you'll be fine :smile:
If you want a relationship go to a fancy restaurant.

If you want marriage go nandos that place is perfection you did well on this one
Original post by Extreme123
I was just wondering if girls are picky, got my first date tomorrow and im taking her out for dinner. Is nandos a good place or should i take her somewhere more expensive. If so, what?

It depends how formal you want to make it really. As a girl, I'm not sure it would be the best idea because it's all quite messy food and it could get a bit awkward with that. It might sound stupid but it is a bit true

Posted from TSR Mobile
Invite her to your place, open up a canned tuna and give her a spoon.. It doesn't have to be too extravagant.
Seriously, Nandos? ffs.

are you going to give her a backie home on your bike and then finger her in the church yard with a bottle of white lightning?
Original post by Syrianprince
Invite her to your place, open up a canned tuna and give her a spoon.. It doesn't have to be too extravagant.

Wow just wow!!,
I like to eat at nice places and have good food in general. I'm not really a huge fan of nandos,I think it's overrated
I love Nando's so that would be a great place in my opinion. I hate fancy restaurants, it's always gross food like seafood and other ridiculously overpriced food. Usually tiny portions as well.
Take me to a delicious fish 'n chips and I'll give you 8/10.
I wouldn't want to go to a restaurant for a first date. Food can get messy :colondollar:
I don't like Nandos.
id be happy with Nandos, but then I'm pretty easily pleased :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I love Nandos as a first date it's foolproof and the food is amazing. I think pizza express or Bella Italia could be a cute place to go and it's not expensive, like £10-15 if you want Italian.

I'm not a big fan of expensive restaurants anyways

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's not about the food.
It's about asking her before the date what she likes to eat
It's about the setting of the restaurant.
It's about the pricing
You're meant to impress while of course getting to know.
Come on, fast food isn't going to impress but should it impede getting to know each other? No.
Original post by littlenorthernlass
Take me to a delicious fish 'n chips and I'll give you 8/10.

Fish and Chips.:lol:

You're not hard to please are you?
Original post by cole-slaw
Seriously, Nandos? ffs.

are you going to give her a backie home on your bike and then finger her in the church yard with a bottle of white lightning?

Isn't it usually with a finger... hence the name :p:
The Savoy or The Ritz.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had Nandos yesterday with a mutual friend. It was her idea.
P.S. her boyfriend is someone else

Quick Reply

Latest