The Student Room Group

Disgusting and ugly

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Still Sweet
I know, it's patronizing. I hate that.

Grow up. Hardly patronising

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Chill fam i got your back. Even though i bet you look lie a turd im sure your attractiveness to women will increase with wallet size. So knuckle down and make that £££.
i don't tell people they are fine when they are ugly. People say lily valesquez is beautiful to make themselves feel better but she isn't. She is beautiful on the inside. I don't know if you are really ugly since I don't have a picture. I don't really know how to make you feel better except to say your life is worth living to the fullest. Please do not take your own life. I hope one day you will see past your looks and learn to love yourself and also hope you will find love.
Original post by elliemayxo
Grow up. Hardly patronising

Posted from TSR Mobile

Shoo.
Original post by thecatwithnohat
repped but will also quote to emphasize how much I agree. It's annoying when people are so discourteous with their answers; it'll be difficult for one with low self-confidence to wake up in the morning and go 'i love myself ok'

Exactly. This is what I mean by it's patronizing.
Firstly, whoever this person is, is NOT ugly. I don't care what he looks like.

Don't try and insult me by assuming I'm an idiot or being sarcastic. I never said it was going to help, I'm no counsellor.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This person is talking about physically being 'ugly', or less attractive physically than the average person. What he looks like is what determines that so you make no sense.

Then don't say anything as its sensitive, i did not give any advice or input as i'm not in the place to. I do not know enough to even make a comment let alone give advice.

I'm not going to say i don't mean to offend you because i do. Your reply was pathetic, like a four year old who does not like to lose an argument

You're not ugly.

When your conscience is telling you to do a good deed, but your brain can't be arsed.
Original post by whydoidothis?
This person is talking about physically being 'ugly', or less attractive physically than the average person. What he looks like is what determines that so you make no sense.

Then don't say anything as its sensitive, i did not give any advice or input as i'm not in the place to. I do not know enough to even make a comment let alone give advice.

I'm not going to say i don't mean to offend you because i do. Your reply was pathetic, like a four year old who does not like to lose an argument

And at what point did I try and give 'advice'? Stop trying to cause an argument. You're not exactly doing any good by posting on here.

Stop causing a scene, it's embarrassing

Posted from TSR Mobile
You won't be happy unless you learn to love yourself and something like that will take a lot of time. Please don't think about ending your life, it breaks my heart to read this. Make small changes in your life that will help boost your confidence. Also, please think about seeking therapy if this is getting you down enough to even entertain the notion of ending your life. You need someone to talk to and they are there to listen and help with your self-esteem x
Original post by Hashim123
When your conscience is telling you to do a good deed, but your brain can't be arsed.

If that was the case then I wouldn't of commented at all. Stop knocking people for being nice. What's wrong with everyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
please don't do anything you will regret, if you are feeling depressed then please contact a mental health nurse or talk to a friend. Trust me, I've done a Lot of things I regret due to depression and having low self esteem. If you need anyone to talk to then I'll be here for you! Its not going to be easy to love yourself, and it wont happen straight away but one day you will look back on this thread and think "Everything is okay now, I'm happy"
There is no such thing as ugly imo. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, as people will always say. There will always be people out there that get more attention others, but that does not matter. I am sure that there is someone out there, and they will love you unconditionally. :h: Just remember, the inside matters 100x more than the outside, even if it may not seem like that.
:console:
If that was the case then I wouldn't of commented at all. Stop knocking people for being nice. What's wrong with everyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:laugh: Chill man, I'm messing. I just found it funny, is all.
Original post by Hashim123
:laugh: Chill man, I'm messing. I just found it funny, is all.

Ok :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
And at what point did I try and give 'advice'? Stop trying to cause an argument. You're not exactly doing any good by posting on here.

Stop causing a scene, it's embarrassing

Posted from TSR Mobile

You advised him he is not ugly.
I've done a little bit of good by preventing your comment hurting his mind.
As for making a scene, you beat me to it.
I couldn't care less what people thought of my views, how can you even be embarrassed on a forum?
Yes this argument wont help the op so i wont post on this thread again.
Original post by Anonymous
a desperate hooker was propositioning every guy who walked past..every guy that is except me..she looked at me, went "ugh" and turned her nose up..

Hello, I moved to England 8 years ago from Romania and I feel like I've got an accent (only when i feel like the person is judging me or if it's a new person). For this reason, I don't to talk much to new people. I'm really bad with joining in conversation. It's a little annoying when you see friends around you just chatting away and laughing casually and you can't think of anything to say.For some reason i'm so scared that people will judge me in a bad way. I know it's irrelevant but i just don't know how to deal with it. Also, naturally, I'm just less talkative. did i mention, I'm shy as well? I'm doing A-levels and just started college I havn't made any 'fun' friends. Just the quite and cute girls. When i asked my friends 'their first impression on me' they say 'you look shy'. I don't want to come across like that. I want people to look at me and think ' Ohhh she's outgoing and confident'. I want to work on my confidence - I want to destroy this shyness and i want to be able to fluently speak without caring anyone thinks. I want to be happy. It's the CONFIDENT i'm after. Any advice?
Well with no pics , cant really give any opinion on your appearance. But dont kill yourself , there is more to life.
First of all, how old are you? Do you go to school, uni? Do you have any goals in life? Do you have a job?
As someone who has wasted half her life thinking the same and now realising it's too late, I will give you my honest advice: Stop right now! STOP THINKING YOU ARE UGLY! Stop wasting your life with this! It's not worth it!!!
I know it's very hard to think otherwise, when apparently no one is showing interest in you and everyone else seems to have someone around. You end up feeling worthless. I used to be the same, during school, during college and at the beginning of Uni, for as long as I can remember. What did I get? I just wasted my energy on something so meaningless such as this. I wish, I wish, I wish I had the sense to stop those destructive thoughts and instead had focused on my grades. I would have had a different life entirely. I had so many opportunities for progress in education and career and guess what, I let it slip out of my hands. Why? I was too busy crying about silly, stupid things such as this. I used to be depressed about the fact that I no one. No one liked me.
Now, after years I have realised that the real happiness lies in your personal success, achieving your goals in life. That will make you confident. This will make you feel like million bucks. Having a pretty face isn't necessary for that. Once you are successful in life, everything else will follow.
Recently, I got proposed by a guy (very successful and handsome etc), I accepted his proposal. Btw I used to think I am never gonna find anyone, that I am ugly etc........So whether you think you are ugly or not, it won't change anything. If you are destined to be with someone, you will be. (yes, I believe in destiny)
Having found 'Mr almost perfect', I am still not very happy. Actually, I am very angry with myself. I could have been more than I am now, I could have for example been at one of the best Universities in the world (I was so close), I could have achieved my goals....had I not wasted my time. It's too late now. Unfortunately.

Therefore, please please do yourself a very big favour and forget about the world. Love yourself. Support yourself. Follow your dreams. Even if it means having no one around. Even if your goals are not academic, everyone has goals/dreams in life. Try striving to achieve that. With time hopefully, you will realise that having a pretty face/ having admirers/lovers is not going to give you real happiness. Of course it's nice to have someone compliment you, but being complimented for your achievements in life is far beyond that. This is something no one can ever take away from you, unlike being attractive from the outside (as with time this will fade).
Also, beauty does lie in the eyes of the beholder. I often like people who may not be beautiful in other people's eyes. Mature people, or girls like me would rather go for intelligent people, with a good character. I am sure one day, you too will find someone who loves you for exactly the way you are, with all your weaknesses, insecurities. This is true love. You want true love, not something based on looks...it's unlikely to last for a long time.

Okay, I got a little emotional and sorry for the long speech, but anyone going through a similar phase: Please love yourself, even if you are "ugly". So what? You are not born to please others. Only you can make yourself happy. Do not waste your today. Do not through away opportunitis (like me :frown: )

Good luck!
Reply 39
Original post by sadly
You sound misogynistic as hell

How?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending