The Student Room Group

What to put on a transfer application

Hi there, I've almost finished my transfer application to another University in the second year. I've done my personal statement, put in my grades from A-Level, AS Level and GCSE as well as got a reference from my personal tutor.

Does anyone know, however, what exactly I'm supposed to do about University Grades? I've completed and got the grades back for the first semester but nobody seems to know where to put them. Under 'Schools' I've put my current University but there isn't an option to list a degree you are currently studying.
Reply 1
Sorry to go off tangent a bit mate, but would you mind telling me where you are studying now, where you want to go and what course it is?
I was interested in doing something like this and wanted to hear from someone with experience of it.
With regards to your question, I would E-Mail them, people reply pretty quick these days. Or just add another sheet in with the covering letter with the grades on it. If you can hang on and email them first (I know this means wasting the weekend waiting) that is your safest option.
Reply 2
The application is being done through UCAS and insofar as I'm aware there isn't a 'covering letter' per se. Nobody has told me about it, at least!

In any case since I'm sending it through UCAS it can more or less be done whenever. I could do it now, even...
There should totally be a section somewhere in there for freestanding modules that you can utilize. I mean, technically, they are! I remember seeing it, so have a look around the qualifications list. You'll find it.
Reply 4
The Little Mermaid
There should totally be a section somewhere in there for freestanding modules that you can utilize. I mean, technically, they are! I remember seeing it, so have a look around the qualifications list. You'll find it.

Sorry I don't see anything. I see 'Free Standing mathematical qualifications' but that isn't it.

Any other ideas?
Reply 5
Ugh I tried entering 'Foundation Year' but realised it wasn't that.

Essentially I am taking a History degree at Oxford Brookes and need to change.

These are the choices I am given in 'Other':

'Foundation Year
Diploma in Foundation Studies (Art & Design)
Access
Degree
Foundation Degree
Diploma of Higher Education
Open University Credits
Music Qualification - Graded Practical (ABRSM and equivalent)
Music Qualification - Graded Theory (ABRSM and equivalent)
Drama and Speech
Dance
NEAB Certificate of Extended Studies
Institute of Financial Services (ifs) Qualifications
Certificate of Education
Free Standing Mathematics Unit/Qualification
Open College Network (OCN) Qualifications
Additional Admissions Test
Award in Digital Applications (AiDA)
Certificate in Digital Applications (CiDA)
Diploma in Digital Applications (DiDA)
Other'

Any ideas?
Reply 6
I am trying to do the same thing at the moment, want to transfer from chester to liverpool hope, transferring to the same course makes it a bit easier. Think just listing the modules under Qualifications/other/other and you can type it all in yourself?
Reply 7
lauh88
I am trying to do the same thing at the moment, want to transfer from chester to liverpool hope, transferring to the same course makes it a bit easier. Think just listing the modules under Qualifications/other/other and you can type it all in yourself?

Yeah but then you have to adds things like completed date, awarding body etc. and that obviously isn't applicable.

How did you do it?
Reply 8
I think for the result I'd type what grade you got in the module (i.e. 1st, 2, 2:2, 3rd) and its optional to put the awarding body in. Your university should send the new university your exam results and details of your modules anyway, I havent entered my module results yet, I'm waiting to speak to my my tutor on monday, hopefully he will be able to tell me how to do it properly!!
Reply 9
lauh88
I think for the result I'd type what grade you got in the module (i.e. 1st, 2, 2:2, 3rd) and its optional to put the awarding body in. Your university should send the new university your exam results and details of your modules anyway, I havent entered my module results yet, I'm waiting to speak to my my tutor on monday, hopefully he will be able to tell me how to do it properly!!

Sweet. Is it possible you could tell me what he told you in PM or reply to this thread at that date? I'd be really grateful.
Reply 10
hi
I am going trough te same proccess right now...i am currently doing a foundation degree at liverpool uni and i want to transfare to bath uni.
in the application did u apply as an individual or through school or college?
thanks!!
Reply 11
i applied as an individual - you only need to apply as through a college if you are at college lol
dont think you need to put exam results on there as when you get your reference they should put something about your expected grade for the year.

Latest

Trending

Trending