The Student Room Group

what books to study for eng lit coursework

This year for our english literature coursework we have to choose our own books to base our coursework on, for my poetry section i have chosen The odyssey/the iliad/the aeneid as a collection of classic epic poems, purely because i'll be studying these for classics so it just makes revision and analysing the books easier. However i'm unsure what my coursework theme should be based on and what my question should be, also i have no ideas on what other two books i should compare with the poetry :/

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas please help?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by shann12345
This year for our english literature coursework we have to choose our own books to base our coursework on, for my poetry section i have chosen The odyssey/the iliad/the aeneid as a collection of classic epic poems, purely because i'll be studying these for classics so it just makes revision and analysing the books easier. However i'm unsure what my coursework theme should be based on and what my question should be, also i have no ideas on what other two books i should compare with the poetry :/

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas please help?

If you haven't started, you can focus on war literature?? And spawn the literatures across the popular wars such as WW1, Cold War and the Middle East.

Quick Reply