The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm guessing not?
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
Hey guys was wondering if anyone has any experiences at Palacky in the Czech Republic or are thinking of applying there starting next Sept??

Would be great to get to know a few people!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am siting the exam for Palacky. 16th April!
Reply 3
Original post by Cooliomed
I am siting the exam for Palacky. 16th April!

Hi,
can you help explain the application process?
I'm look at applying to do medicine as well at this uni.
also what made you choose this uni for studying medicine.
Reply 4
Hey. I did a lot of research and went for universities that are prestigious, have excellent facilities and are well known enough here in the UK. So Palacky was on of the three that I have initially applied for.

You apply, sit the entrance exam and if you pass you are made an offer. I am sitting the exam in April in London as I feel prepared enough and want it out of the way before A-levels. I also had the option July which i would have gone for if only looking now but each to their own. Here is a link to some more information on the uni and the exams are listed there I think.

http://www.medicaldoorway.com/universities/palacky-university/

Thanks very much for the information!
currently, I'm looking at the following universities including: Charles university, Masarylk uni and Debrecen uni (very costly), what universities are you looking at? and are you sitting an exam for all the uni's your looking at?
Original post by somzee
Thanks very much for the information!
currently, I'm looking at the following universities including: Charles university, Masarylk uni and Debrecen uni (very costly), what universities are you looking at? and are you sitting an exam for all the uni's your looking at?

Sitting the exams for Charles 1st faculty, Masaryk and Palacky, Debrecen is supposed to be a fantastic uni but was just out of my budget but would have been on the list if so.
Reply 6
Sitting the exams for Charles 1st faculty, Masaryk and Palacky, Debrecen is supposed to be a fantastic uni but was just out of my budget but would have been on the list if so.

Thanks a lot, we might actually end up meeting, who knows what the future holds?
Original post by somzee
Thanks a lot, we might actually end up meeting, who knows what the future holds?

Yes, in the lap of the exam gods right now. You sitting the exams or still considering it?
Reply 8
Yes, in the lap of the exam gods right now. You sitting the exams or still considering it?

I've only just started the application process now, so I'm still filling in forms for registering and then I will book the exams.
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
Hey guys was wondering if anyone has any experiences at Palacky in the Czech Republic or are thinking of applying there starting next Sept??

Would be great to get to know a few people!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm starting next Sept, doing my test tommorow (03/04/16)
Original post by kjthejoker15
I'm starting next Sept, doing my test tommorow (03/04/16)

Good luck, you have to pass the exam first though! Try not to tempt fate.
Good luck, you have to pass the exam first though! Try not to tempt fate.

you know what the exam is like?

Just know from the 200 questions in test prep package I have been working through. Hope some of them (or very similar) come up when I take my exam on 16th April!

How did the exam go?
How did the exam go?

Went well, chem was easy, bio bit hard and maths was ok. Maths wasnt like GCSE or A level maths. Had to think a lot more (bit like the UK Maths challenge you do at School). Interview was easy, just two questions on why med and why at Palacky. Finding out next week about my offer.
(edited 8 years ago)
Went well, chem was easy, bio bit hard and maths was ok. Maths wasnt like GCSE or A level maths. Had to think a lot more (bit like the UK Maths challenge you do at School). Interview was easy, just two questions on why med and why at Palacky. Finding out next week about my offer.

Interesting, will swot up on my maths for my exam in two weeks then!!! How many others were with you and what did they think?
Interesting, will swot up on my maths for my exam in two weeks then!!! How many others were with you and what did they think?

5 other people but apparently there were many more taking the exam later in june and july. Mixed feelings, some thought it was easy while others very hard but i know one person has a backup at Masaryk uni.
5 other people but apparently there were many more taking the exam later in june and july. Mixed feelings, some thought it was easy while others very hard but i know one person has a backup at Masaryk uni.

Yes, I have the Masaryk exam next week before Palacky! Do you have any extra learning materials?
Yes, I have the Masaryk exam next week before Palacky! Do you have any extra learning materials?

no but they offered me some
no but they offered me some

The uni offered you some?

Latest

Trending

Trending