The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cooliomed
The uni offered you some?

nah the agency helping me
Original post by kjthejoker15
nah the agency helping me

Sorry, bit confused. They offered you some or tried to sell you some????
Sorry, bit confused. They offered you some or tried to sell you some????

sold me some but i thought i could handle myself
5 other people but apparently there were many more taking the exam later in june and july. Mixed feelings, some thought it was easy while others very hard but i know one person has a backup at Masaryk uni.

Sorry to intrude on your convo guys, but can you just elaborate on knowing someone who has a back up at Masaryk? Do you mean he/she passed the exam and was made an offer?
Original post by BristolFresher15
Sorry to intrude on your convo guys, but can you just elaborate on knowing someone who has a back up at Masaryk? Do you mean he/she passed the exam and was made an offer?

Nah shes doing the exam next week, but i believe palacky is her first choice.
Nah shes doing the exam next week, but i believe palacky is her first choice.

Ah okay.
Hey guys, I did the Palacky exam today and got in! How did your exams go.
Original post by hellotheredear

Congrats! That's great news :smile: how was the exam?? I'm doing mine on the 29th June

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
I am siting the exam for Palacky. 16th April!

Hi guys,
just saw your posts.
can you help me decide between Palacky and Masaryk ?
Reply 29

Congrats!!
I did mine at Manchester yesterday and got in too !
Reply 30

Congrats!
did we meet ?
Reply 31
no but they offered me some

What type of questions do they ask you? Also, which topics are important to go through?
Reply 32
Original post by rahulg
Congrats!
did we meet ?

How many questions are there in the maths section?
Reply 33
Hi there, I am currently a 5th year medical student at Palacky. Feel free to ask any questions I'll do my best to answer. Also do not choose Masaryk over Palacky as Masaryk has such a high drop out rate just like Prague.
Reply 34
Hey guys, I'm sitting my entrance exam in July for Masaryk, Charles and Palacky. How did the April session go, any offers??? :smile: I've started my prep. And I'm wondering what the interview component is like for those who went through Medical Doorway? Also any advice on How to cover the entrance exam content? The syllabuses on each uni website look well hefty!
Original post by sbaq1
Hey guys, I'm sitting my entrance exam in July for Masaryk, Charles and Palacky. How did the April session go, any offers??? :smile: I've started my prep. And I'm wondering what the interview component is like for those who went through Medical Doorway? Also any advice on How to cover the entrance exam content? The syllabuses on each uni website look well hefty!

I only sat for Charles, but yes there have been a few offers for each. Not sure how many. Im guessing Charles is the most competitive just due to the sheer number of people who apply to it.

Again, not sure about the other two, but for Charles it wasnt much of an interview. An offer holder told me it was very simple questions.

Preperation-wise, you just have to get through as much as you can. In my experience, you cannot predict what will come up, so you have to jusy hope its the stuff you worked through. And yes, it is a ton of stuff, but you have over two months to cover it, so thats a lot more than many others got. Considee yourself lucky!

Hope that helped, good luck! :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by BristolFresher15
I only sat for Charles, but yes there have been a few offers for each. Not sure how many. Im guessing Charles is the most competitive just due to the sheer number of people who apply to it.

Again, not sure about the other two, but for Charles it wasnt much of an interview. An offer holder told me it was very simple questions.

Preperation-wise, you just have to get through as much as you can. In my experience, you cannot predict what will come up, so you have to jusy hope its the stuff you worked through. And yes, it is a ton of stuff, but you have over two months to cover it, so thats a lot more than many others got. Considee yourself lucky!

Hope that helped, good luck! :smile:

Thanks! How did you get on with the Charles exam?
Original post by sbaq1
Thanks! How did you get on with the Charles exam?

I found it quite difficult. The marking system is one reason, as it has apparently changed since last year. I did only have just over 2 weeks to revise, so that was also a factor. But another big reason was the fact that I could not predict what came up, as I mentioned previously.

But its around a 10-15% pass rate, so some of it does boil down to luck.

My advice is just get as much memorized as possible.
is anyone sitting the exam with tutelage tomorrow??*
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
is anyone sitting the exam with tutelage tomorrow??*

Did the medical doorway one in April. Good luck and let us know how it went!

Latest

Trending

Trending