The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I'm doing the Palacky entrance exam on the 17th July with Medical Doorway. I have got some sample questions to practice from the agency but i was wondering if anyone knows about any prep courses that help you prepare for the test? I only have 16 days to prepare for it so I'm quite scared, has anyone got any tips for the exam please? I'm also doing Charles on the 23rd but i've heard it's really hard to get into Charles so i want to make sure i do well on the 17th. Any help would be appreciated.
Original post by hellotheredear
Hey guys, I did the Palacky exam today and got in! How did your exams go.

Did they tell you the result and the outcome of the interview on the same day?
Also, can you please recommend any website to practice some test questions?
Many thanks.
Original post by rahulg
Congrats!
I did mine at Manchester yesterday and got in too !
did we meet ?

I heard there is also an interview after the exam. So, do you find out if you get admission on the same day?
Hey guys the exam was alright, it is mostly a level standard with a few questions that were a bit above that but since the pass mark is fairly low that should be alright.

Except maths that was a fairly random and logical test so just brush up on basics :smile:

Btw I got in!

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi, I'll be sitting for the july 27th exam in Olomouc.
I have the practice exam revision questions.
Is doing just that enough to pass?
Hey Guys, Just got a couple questions that id appreciate you helping me out with.

What is the pass percentage on the tests (approximatly)?
Did you find out you got in on the same day?
Any resources you used/found helpful?
How many places does the university have?

Thank you guys and congrats to those who got in, and best of luck to those taking it soon :smile:
Original post by kjthejoker15
Went well, chem was easy, bio bit hard and maths was ok. Maths wasnt like GCSE or A level maths. Had to think a lot more (bit like the UK Maths challenge you do at School). Interview was easy, just two questions on why med and why at Palacky. Finding out next week about my offer.

I know its been a while since you sat the exam but what were the maths questions like? Were they alot of real number questions that i have seen other czech unis keep asking about?
Hi guys, thank god I came across this, doing a little research for my daughter..She sat the exam for the University but is very adamant she has failed..

What are the other options?

Is anyone else looking at bulgarian universities? There admissions seem to be open and frankly seem cheaper too..I was looking at Plovdiv Medical University for September entry. Does anyone have any recommendations? Is there anyone else who sat the Tutelage exam who can help?
(edited 7 years ago)
everyone that has sat the exam for palacky keeps saying maths is quite random. what does that mean? did any "real number" stuff come up?
Also for everyone that did the palacky interview, did you all get the same questions: why medicine? why at palacky?

exam is in 2 days. please reply!
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
Hey guys the exam was alright, it is mostly a level standard with a few questions that were a bit above that but since the pass mark is fairly low that should be alright.

Except maths that was a fairly random and logical test so just brush up on basics :smile:

Btw I got in!

Posted from TSR Mobile

WELL DONE FOR GETTING IN!
My exam is in 2 days. Can you please clarify what you mean by a bit random on maths? did any "real number" questions come up?
also what were your interview questions?
Original post by tryingtolearn95
everyone that has sat the exam for palacky keeps saying maths is quite random. what does that mean? did any "real number" stuff come up?
Also for everyone that did the palacky interview, did you all get the same questions: why medicine? why at palacky?

exam is in 2 days. please reply!

I did the exam 1 month back and it went well.
Im not sure abt maths bt im sure it wont be out of the syallbus which they have given. So just go through the syallbus. All Bio,chem papers are from their syallabus.
Yeah in interview they ask why palacky?why czech? and why medicine? just be ready with some sensible answers for that.
Good luck!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by confusedkid1997
Hey Guys, Just got a couple questions that id appreciate you helping me out with.

What is the pass percentage on the tests (approximatly)?
Did you find out you got in on the same day?
Any resources you used/found helpful?
How many places does the university have?

Thank you guys and congrats to those who got in, and best of luck to those taking it soon :smile:

In each subject must score more than 40%.
Altogether it should be more than 165.
Results will be released in 1 week after ur entrance exam
Good luck!!
Original post by medic1089
Hi guys, thank god I came across this, doing a little research for my daughter..She sat the exam for the University but is very adamant she has failed..

What are the other options?

Is anyone else looking at bulgarian universities? There admissions seem to be open and frankly seem cheaper too..I was looking at Plovdiv Medical University for September entry. Does anyone have any recommendations? Is there anyone else who sat the Tutelage exam who can help?

There are few universities in Georgia and Poland. These are not expensive but i think you should start applying as quickly as possible because September entries will be over in beginning of the August.
University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn(poland)
tiblisi state university(Georgia)
Hope you find this helpful!
Original post by nutrelizer
In each subject must score more than 40%.
Altogether it should be more than 165.
Results will be released in 1 week after ur entrance exam
Good luck!!

Thank you so much
Original post by confusedkid1997
Thank you so much

No problem at all !!!!!
Original post by nutrelizer
There are few universities in Georgia and Poland. These are not expensive but i think you should start applying as quickly as possible because September entries will be over in beginning of the August.
University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn(poland)
tiblisi state university(Georgia)
Hope you find this helpful!

Thanks! We are settling with Plovdiv as its the most convenient for us.. plus there are around 500+ UK students there so it seems like it will be easier for her.

We submitted the docs a few days ago, the company says admission takes a couple of weeks. Just hoping for the best :smile:

Did you accept your seat and pay your deposit at Palacky?
Original post by medic1089
Thanks! We are settling with Plovdiv as its the most convenient for us.. plus there are around 500+ UK students there so it seems like it will be easier for her.

We submitted the docs a few days ago, the company says admission takes a couple of weeks. Just hoping for the best :smile:

Did you accept your seat and pay your deposit at Palacky?

Glad to hear that! yes i accept my offer and i paid the deposit :smile:
Reply 57
Hi guys, I'm currently at Palacky, and will be glad to answer any questions you may still have so you have a realistic interpretation of what to expect.

Message me if you need any queries filled out. :smile:
These Eastern European medical schools are making a mockery of Medicine, because they are so desperate for money that they'll accept any medic reject from the UK. Tell me how does it show a student is intellectually competent to study medicine if he/she is scraping by on B/Cs in their A levels.
Original post by Pinkberry_y
These Eastern European medical schools are making a mockery of Medicine, because they are so desperate for money that they'll accept any medic reject from the UK. Tell me how does it show a student is intellectually competent to study medicine if he/she is scraping by on B/Cs in their A levels.

Well to be fair, the Eastern European medical school programmes are harder than the ones in England so a person who scrapes Bs/Cs at A level will have to work extremely hard to prove they are intellectually competent or they will drop out/fail. It just gives people an opportunity to study something they actually want to do rather than waste money on a degree that they hate and take up just because they 'have to go to university'.

Also I think everyone applying/going there knows that even after graduating and coming back to the uk or any other country for that matter, there will be a lot of hard work involved in getting a good job so I'm pretty sure no one is making this decision on a whim.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending