The Student Room Group

Dating at uni that isnt parties or Tinder?

So i'm finally feeling ready to start dating now that i'm in the first year of university (I know its kind of a late start but I was very shy in school and only dated one guy briefly in college before having to call it off to focus on my studies) But I'm having trouble finding anyone.
I refuse to use Tinder after all the horror stories i've heard about, not to mention one of the boys on my floor is on it and i'd never live it down if he found me on there. I don't do casual hookups (Christian) I don't really go out drinking because i'm not a big drinker and find drunk people irksome and my course is made of mostly women and the couple of guys in my class i'm not attracted to.
Just point me in the direction of where single men between 18-25 tend to congregate and I'll happily take a proactive approach and go looking. I'm even open to online dating even though I might be a bit young (18)
Any help in my first foray into this new *mostly* uncharted territory is welcome
(we can all tell by reading this I need it XD)
Reply 1
My uni had a speed dating session every Friday. Maybe yours has something similar? If not go to a library ok
Reply 2
Original post by Zuki
My uni had a speed dating session every Friday. Maybe yours has something similar? If not go to a library ok

I wish, already checked but thank you anyway :smile:
young men and women congregate in pubs every evening.
Just message me :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
OkCupid.com XD

No seriously, it's hard otherwise. Especially if you don't live near campus.
Original post by Zuki

lol what uni do you go to?
Reply 7
Original post by InadequateJusticex
lol what uni do you go to?

Sometimes i went soas sometimes kcl
Original post by Anonymous
So i'm finally feeling ready to start dating now that i'm in the first year of university (I know its kind of a late start but I was very shy in school and only dated one guy briefly in college before having to call it off to focus on my studies) But I'm having trouble finding anyone.
I refuse to use Tinder after all the horror stories i've heard about, not to mention one of the boys on my floor is on it and i'd never live it down if he found me on there. I don't do casual hookups (Christian) I don't really go out drinking because i'm not a big drinker and find drunk people irksome and my course is made of mostly women and the couple of guys in my class i'm not attracted to.
Just point me in the direction of where single men between 18-25 tend to congregate and I'll happily take a proactive approach and go looking. I'm even open to online dating even though I might be a bit young (18)
Any help in my first foray into this new *mostly* uncharted territory is welcome

If you're a Christian, surely you could at church or Christian Union society?
Reply 9

TSR is full of thirsty 18-25yo males; you should remove your anon.
Original post by TorpidPhil
OkCupid.com XD

Read this thread then tell Cupid "thats NOT Okay",OK?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3643873
If you're a Christian, surely you could at church or Christian Union society?

There's hardly any guys at the CU and I only know 2 of the young guys at church i'm going to, both do nothing for me. Don't get me wrong, they're lovely guys and they're not ugly or anything i'm just not attracted to them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending