Loughborough Applicants and FAQs 2016

Scroll to see replies

got my offer :smile:
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi TracyE

I've been told by the department that visit days for Sport and Exercise Science will be on the following dates:

03/02/2016
10/02/2016
02/03/2016
09/03/2016

You should have received an email from the department containing details - if you don't have one yet you should expect to receive one soon. Keep an eye on your inbox over the coming days - it will also be worth checking in your junk mail in case the email has been placed there.

I hope this helps - if you don't have any luck with email over the next few days I'd contact the department directly. You can do this at [email protected] or by calling 01509 226330 - the person you need to speak to is Charlotte Bree.

Amy

Thank you
Reply 42
Hi, can you tell me how long a reply for an offer takes for sport science and geography ?
Reply 43
Hi , i sent my UCAS application off earlier on this week for accounting and financial management, just wondering how long it would take till i get my offer ?
Original post by Genuine History
Hi!I have just been given a Conditional offer. However ,I did not attend any open days and haven't seen what it is like. Is there anychance of going to a formal viewing?Thanks!-)

Hi Genuine History

We have campus visits every Wednesday afternoon - see here on how you can book on http://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/open-days/other-ways-visit/campus-tours/
You may also be offered a visit day by your department as you hold an offer - what have you applied for? I can find out and get back to you.

Vicky
Original post by Rose123_
Hi, can you tell me how long a reply for an offer takes for sport science and geography ?

Hi Rose123_

It really depends on how many they are receiving at the moment. I would say a 2-3 weeks but you may hear back much sooner.
Sorry I can't be more specific than that.

Vicky
Original post by Toluwnai
Hi , i sent my UCAS application off earlier on this week for accounting and financial management, just wondering how long it would take till i get my offer ?

Hi Toluwnai
It really depends on how many they are receiving at the moment.
I would say a 2-3 weeks but you may hear back much sooner.
Sorry I can't be more specific than that.

Vicky
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by scrawlx101
got my offer :smile:

Yay - congrats! :cool:

Glad it's sorted.

Vicky
Original post by moye98
How long does it take for them to reply with offers for media and communication please?

Hi moye98

I've been told that the department are virtually up to date with applications, so if you can send them your details directly they will look into this for you. The email address is [email protected]. I hope this helps.

Amy
Reply 49
Hi there! :smile:
I'm a student from Brunei and currently doing my 1st year of degree (BA Common Year 1) in a Bruneian university. I am interested in transferring to Loughborough University (2nd year entry), to take Undergraduate Course, either 'International Business' or 'Economics'. (Applying for 2016 entry)
I fulfilled the 'O' Level requirements set by Loughborough, and the only concern is my poor 'A' Level result. I was formerly a science-stream student, yet, I only managed to score a DDEb grade which is quite 'terrible'. After 'A' Level, I stopped schooling for a year to clear off my mind, and decide what to do next.
I later realised sciences might not be what I want, and what I'm suitable for.
To cut the long story short, I made up my mind to do Business degree in a local private Uni. I scored a ABBBC for my first semester's modules, which are Marketing, Business Skills, Financial Accounting, Information Technology I, and Quantitative Methods. I'm currently doing my second semester, which consists of Business Law, Economics, Organisation & Management, Management Accounting, and Information Technology II.
I would like to ask if Loughborough University will consider my application for entry to the first or second year, after I have finished my first year of degree in Brunei. :smile:
I do know the fact that not all universities will accept transfer students, due to difference in course modules and structures, but I still want to try my luck by asking.
Thank you in advance for any advice and help! :biggrin:
**Also, what kind of first year result should I get in order to join Loughborough?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by YXY128
Hi there! :smile:
I'm a student from Brunei and currently doing my 1st year of degree (BA Common Year 1) in a Bruneian university. I am interested in transferring to Loughborough University (2nd year entry), to take Undergraduate Course, either 'International Business' or 'Economics'. (Applying for 2016 entry)
I fulfilled the 'O' Level requirements set by Loughborough, and the only concern is my poor 'A' Level result. I was formerly a science-stream student, yet, I only managed to score a DDEb grade which is quite 'terrible'. After 'A' Level, I stopped schooling for a year to clear off my mind, and decide what to do next.
I later realised sciences might not be what I want, and what I'm suitable for.
To cut the long story short, I made up my mind to do Business degree in a local private Uni. I scored a ABBBC for my first semester's modules, which are Marketing, Business Skills, Financial Accounting, Information Technology I, and Quantitative Methods. I'm currently doing my second semester, which consists of Business Law, Economics, Organisation & Management, Management Accounting, and Information Technology II.
I would like to ask if Loughborough University will consider my application for entry to the first or second year, after I have finished my first year of degree in Brunei. :smile:
I do know the fact that not all universities will accept transfer students, due to difference in course modules and structures, but I still want to try my luck by asking.
Thank you in advance for any advice and help! :biggrin:
**Also, what kind of first year result should I get in order to join Loughborough?

Hi YXY128

I have passed your query onto our Admissions team and asked them to clarify this for you. I will be in touch once I get a reply from them :biggrin:

Amy
Hi there,

Sent my application off early last week to study Commercial Management and Quantity Surveying at Loughborough, and was wondering what the average time the department is taking to reply is?

Thanks!
Hello, what's applicant to place for management sciences? And also on what basis do you give out unconditionals offers? Loughborough will be my firm!!
Hi was wondering how long the computer science department is taking to go through applications?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mike.thomm042
Hi there,

Sent my application off early last week to study Commercial Management and Quantity Surveying at Loughborough, and was wondering what the average time the department is taking to reply is?

Thanks!

Hi mike.thomm042

Generally 2-3 weeks is about average, some are quicker, some slower - it all depends on how many applications they're receiving at the moment.
Hopefully you'll hear soon - good luck :crossedf:

Vicky
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by arjunnpatel97
Hello, what's applicant to place for management sciences? And also on what basis do you give out unconditionals offers? Loughborough will be my firm!!

Hi arjunnpatel97

The latest figures I have are from 2014. The showed we had in the region of 320 applicants and 70 places were allocated.
Unconditionals are given to exceptionally outstanding students and of course those who already have their results.
Great to hear Loughborough will be your firm - good luck with your application :smile:
Vicky
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Sophiehatton123
Hi was wondering how long the computer science department is taking to go through applications?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Sophiehatton123
It's normally about 2-3 weeks, but could be longer (or shorter) depending on the number of applications coming through at the moment.
Hope you her soon - good luck! :crossedf:
Thanks. Just seen someone ask the same question for a different department so do you know the applicant to place for computer science? Thanks !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks. Just seen someone ask the same question for a different department so do you know the applicant to place for computer science? Thanks !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Specifically the information technology management for business course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Specifically the information technology management for business course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Sophiehatton123

I don't have data for every course - some are department wide.
However, for ITMB I do have the figures and around 180 applied and around 40 were accepted.

Vicky

Quick Reply

Latest