The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Accommodation 2016: A guide to what you need to know

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Will there be any open days during July-September where we can view the various halls?
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Can someone please tell me about Somerton in William Morris? The social atmosphere, what the difference is between the rest of the hall. I heard that in the main part of the hall that the ensuite rooms have been more recently refurbished but don't know about Somerton. I've also heard that mature, international and final year students mainly live there.
Can anyone tell me about 'The Holt' I suppose I'm looking for a more lively atmosphere, I wanted to reserve an en-suite at William Morris but didn't get there in time, Is the Holt just as good?
Original post by amyyoups
Can anyone tell me about 'The Holt' I suppose I'm looking for a more lively atmosphere, I wanted to reserve an en-suite at William Morris but didn't get there in time, Is the Holt just as good?

Are you sure? What kind of offer do you have? Bill Mo is the second biggest hall and there should be plenty of rooms left still. People with conditional offers can't even reserve a room until after they receive their results.
Original post by alexs2602
Are you sure? What kind of offer do you have? Bill Mo is the second biggest hall and there should be plenty of rooms left still. People with conditional offers can't even reserve a room until after they receive their results.

From what I can see on the option to reserve a room William Morris is still available yes but not the en-suite rooms just standard rooms. Same with Butler Court - only shared rooms left.
and I now have an unconditional offer - I did a foundation year so I've already received my results which is allowing me to reserve a room earlier
Reply 26
Hi, I was wondering when/how we will receive our University ID number to pay for the room bond? I got an unconditional offer and reserved my accommodation in May but I haven't heard anything since then and don't want to be too late! Thanks
Original post by helen945
Hi, I was wondering when/how we will receive our University ID number to pay for the room bond? I got an unconditional offer and reserved my accommodation in May but I haven't heard anything since then and don't want to be too late! Thanks

Login to your accommodation account. Mine is showing now but i haven't received an email.
Reply 28
Login to your accommodation account. Mine is showing now but i haven't received an email.

Thanks :smile: take it that's the B****** number... Have you paid yours yet?
Original post by helen945
Thanks :smile: take it that's the B****** number... Have you paid yours yet?

Nope, I can't even afford it right now and I'm not sure where I'll find the money. I'm gonna call on Monday. I'm trying to get some money but it's long story.
Reply 30
Nope, I can't even afford it right now and I'm not sure where I'll find the money. I'm gonna call on Monday. I'm trying to get some money but it's long story.

sucks :/ hope you get it sorted. I'd completely forgotten about it until the other day and its quite a lot of money to suddenly remember that needs paying...
Reply 31
hi there,

i'm currently got a conditional offer for Automotive Engineering MEng. so here are some questions regarding the accommodation in L'boro. i'm actually a person who love sports and yes definitely i'm playing football. as i know, your accomodation teams are very expert in gathering students according to everyone hobby. so i would like to know what is the best hall that suitable for person like me. ohh yeahh i'm looking for en-suite room if possible and if not it's okay for me. hopefully you can make it clear for me...

thank you in advance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, what is the chance of getting accommodation in halls if you live in the same postcode area?
Anyone staying in Robert Bakewell Halls?
Reply 34
what's the comparison between Butler Court and William Morris?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello! I've sent this message as an e-mail to the accommodation contact address but I haven't gotten a response yet so I thought this might be faster :biggrin:

My offer has changed from conditional to unconditional last week and I was advised to apply for accommodation as soon as possible. I reserved a room in Hall 2 days ago, but I'm not sure I understand when does the room bond need to be paid. Can I pay it right now (in the next 8 days) or do I have to wait to receive another e-mail in the following weeks before I pay it?

I would also like to know if it's possible to occupy the room a day early (Telford Hall receives students on 29 September but my flight is on 28 September) or if I need to find an alternative for that night. Thank you very much!
Reply 36
Hi have confirmed Msc and prefer an on campus en suite, but I find that only two postgrad halls offer en suite, john phillips (my 1st preference) and Forest court.
I have some concerns about forest court, please could you comment? How long would it take me to walk from forest court to the ‘village’ area of the uni? I guess the uni shuttle bus would not serve the off campus forest court? More of a concern for me is that forest court, although closer to town, is a secluded & quiet place that nearly empties out during the weekends, so I would miss the vibrant uni-life experience and spend lonely weekends in the hall.The Single studio flat at Harry French would, I guess have the bed room and the kitchen in the same one room, that’s a deal breaker for me, nor am I at all keen on the 2 small room shared flats. Is these any other en suite option?
Thanks
Arushi
Hi,
I have a conditional offer for economics at Loughborough. Not sure what hall to pick, I would prefer catered and want as lively a hall as possible. Any suggestions? Thanks
Reply 38
Hello,

Pls can u explain whether in catered halls there is a set menu everday for breakfast,lunch and dinner or do the menus change?
thx
Original post by MariaTeodora
Hello! I've sent this message as an e-mail to the accommodation contact address but I haven't gotten a response yet so I thought this might be faster :biggrin:

My offer has changed from conditional to unconditional last week and I was advised to apply for accommodation as soon as possible. I reserved a room in Hall 2 days ago, but I'm not sure I understand when does the room bond need to be paid. Can I pay it right now (in the next 8 days) or do I have to wait to receive another e-mail in the following weeks before I pay it?

I would also like to know if it's possible to occupy the room a day early (Telford Hall receives students on 29 September but my flight is on 28 September) or if I need to find an alternative for that night. Thank you very much!

Hi MariaTeodora

Great news on the unconditional offer!

If you've reserved your room already you can pay your room bond here. You will need to have your University ID number to do this (follows the format B6*******). You will also be emailed to complete the online hall induction prior to arrival.

I'm not sure about getting into your room a day early - you'd need to contact the Student Accommodation Centre directly about this. You can call them on +44 (0) 1509 274488 - they will be very busy so don't worry if you can't get through to them straightaway. I'd check out the announcements page on their website too.

Amy :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest