The Student Room Group

Would you still pay Tinder/Hinge/Bumble after seeing this?

So I'm on CL just now looking for some illicit cash in hand work :colone: and I saw this:
http://london.craigslist.co.uk/mar/5214117732.html

I was always suspicious of these kinds of apps/websites tbh. - I'm actually applying just to see what this ****s all about.:holmes: *macintyre style*

What is your experience with them? Have you actually ever pulled? Do you pay? Did you feel robbed after transaction??? I think this proves they are a waste of time and money.
looks interesting.
i would actually do it. as long as there's no meet ups or anything.
Reply 2
Original post by howtobealady
...as long as there's no meet ups or anything.

I know, so its actually evil isnt it?
now knowing this would you ever pay premium on a dating website?
Original post by Skeptique
I know, so its actually evil isnt it?
now knowing this would you ever pay premium on a dating website?

Ha. it is evil indeed because people have their hopes high when going on these apps/websites and then to match with a person they genuinely like .. sad. tbh i would never even pay premium for any dating website. maybe because i'm 18 and a cheapskate(kind off)
rah, safe cuz looks like im gettin paid tonite.
Deleted Tinder after they introduced the "super like" button, what a stupid concept.
Why do people pay for not pulling (98% of the time)
So I'm on CL just now looking for some illicit cash in hand work :colone: and I saw this:
http://london.craigslist.co.uk/mar/5214117732.html

I was always suspicious of these kinds of apps/websites tbh. - I'm actually applying just to see what this ****s all about.:holmes: *macintyre style*

What is your experience with them? Have you actually ever pulled? Do you pay? Did you feel robbed after transaction??? I think this proves they are a waste of time and money.
It's commonly known that most dating websites have fake profiles.

Once you set up a free account, these fake profiles will send you messages to make it seem like there are women in your area who want to meet you. Of course, the catch is that in order to reply to their messages, you need to pay. Once you've paid, you realise these profiles are all fake. These women in your area who wanted to meet you don't actually exist. Or if they do exist, they never sent those messages and they don't want to meet you.

I've never paid for any dating sites myself but I have heard of guys who have and they run into this problem. It's a scam and I'm amazed how they can get away with it. You should approach any dating site/app that wants you to pay money upfront with extreme caution. It's going to be a scam 99.9% of the time.
Reply 8
Original post by thecatwithnohat

maybe that 2% chance was just too much to ignore lol

but before we get all self congratulatory and "smarter than thou" remember we all still dabble in the lotto.
Reply 9
Original post by Tom.x.Gotze
Deleted Tinder after they introduced the "super like" button, what a stupid concept.

But did you ever pull? are at least some the truth?
Reply 10
Original post by vis break
rah, safe cuz looks like im gettin paid tonite.

goin in bruv! find out all you can and report back to base. out it.
Reply 11
Original post by snowman77
It's commonly known ...It's going to be a scam 99.9% of the time.

I agree with you mostly apart from the "It's commonly known" position. It cant be commonly known because so much ppl are signing up for these things and documentaries on tv about sex addicts and bed hoppers make it sound like theres a ****ing orgy going on and every bodies ****ing each others guts out on account of these apps

This gives the whole thing false credibility - it cant be commonly known because theres so much money being made out of it and precious few sites outing it.
Original post by thecatwithnohat

Because its better than the not pulling (99% of the time)
But did you ever pull? are at least some the truth?

I pulled like once, and i swiped a lot. I find real life much easier.
maybe that 2% chance was just too much to ignore lol

but before we get all self congratulatory and "smarter than thou" remember we all still dabble in the lotto.

That 1% chance could change a man's life! :eek:
Original post by Foo.mp3
Old news fam, see Ashley Madison hack/leak for reference. OK Cupid ftw! (or even, shock horror: real life liasons)! :mmm:

My related advice article on where to meet prospective dates

I can't believe some people lost their lives over this Ashley Madison leak . It's saddening. Personally if my man did something like this I would expect him to tell me so that we could get divorced and move on but life isn't always that simple
Eazy money lmao
I think this looks good, so I will give it a go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending