The Student Room Group

Deliveroo Cyclist Interview

I've just recieved an interview for the position of delivery cyclist for deliveroo. Can anyone give me a heads up as to what to expect? Are there any questions they specifically ask?

Also if you got the job can you give me an idea of what to expect from the job. Is it enjoyable? Are they flexible to fit round uni work?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Sweet! Which area?

My interview was very relaxed.. More of an informal chat tbh mate.. Here's some of the questions I remember:

- What do you know about Deliveroo?
- How are your fitness levels, i.e how regular do you cycle and would you be able to handle the pace of the work?
- How did you hear about the job?
- Why would you want this job role?
- Are there skills or tasks you did at previous jobs that are valuable experiences for this job?
- If you were out on a delivery, and you punctured your tyre, what would you do?

Don't remember any others if there were any others! But basically don't be nervous, just relax!
I'm on a deliverooting since September, working in area EC and Wc. I'm only 16👔 But it's a EASY JOB AND REALLY GOOD MONRY. If u put the time in it
how long did you have to wait after applying online (and the phone call same day) for the job?
(edited 8 years ago)
How did you get the job at 16?!? I just went for the job interview as a cyclist just like yourself and they were prepared to offer me the job until they found out I was only 17! Turns out they only hire 18 year olds and onwards? Please explain how you got the job then knowing your only 16??
Original post by hamzzzchow
I'm on a deliverooting since September, working in area EC and Wc. I'm only 16👔 But it's a EASY JOB AND REALLY GOOD MONRY. If u put the time in it
uh
How did you get the job at 16?!? I just went for the job interview as a cyclist just like yourself and they were prepared to offer me the job until they found out I was only 17! Turns out they only hire 18 year olds and onwards? Please explain how you got the job then knowing your only 16??
Original post by Ahmed38553
uh

In which city did you apply for when and where. I first applied for them and did a interview in May 2015 when they were fairly small and no one knew about him then after the interview I went home and got email saying I'm too young and they will not employ me however three months later I reapplied and I've started in September thankfully at the age of 16 and they are aware of it I gave my NI and passport details and everything went through. I've been working for five months there and is a brilliant job now 17 and will continue with it still
Reply 7
how long did it take for anyone to get an interview? I applied 2 days ago, all I have had is an email.
I applied and had a phone interview yesterday within 45mins I had a trial shift organised for today.
Original post by ZestyX0r
how long did it take for anyone to get an interview? I applied 2 days ago, all I have had is an email.

Hi whats the trial shift like, im going on sunday. Is there anything i need to prepare for or any knowledge i need to know before hand, i knind of need a job right now and can't afford to get turnt down.
Reply 10
I've worked at deliveroo for 6 weeks on a bicycle and I actually enjoy it. It forces me to exercise and if I really hustle I can make pretty decent money; on average I was making £9.70 an hour (including tips which are fairly consistent) and the fact you get paid bi-monthly is a bonus. I also got a say in where I wanted to work so I was never too far from home.

IF YOU WANT £50 FOR JUST FOR JOINING use this code when you sign up TH35342 and you'll get paid shortly after you get started
Hi,

I'm looking to start going part time for Deliveroo to get some extra money coming in. For those who have been working for them do you know how frequent the pay is and how it works on the claiming back of petrol? I've tried digging but there's a lot of negative reviews out there and I would rather make up my own mind but there are some things I would like to know going in.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rachel
Reply 12
Deliveroo is great, Easy Money + Exercise + You're basically you're own boss no one really tells you what to do and the only skills you need is to be able to ride a bike or drive a scooter, If you do decide you'd like to work for deliveroo before you sign up use my referral code, you get £50 for using it so you might aswell it's LA49918
Reply 13
same with me, i contacted them saying 16 for cycle, but when they asked my information they said you have to be at least 18 due to wine delivery. it used to be 16 until deliveroo said 16 year old cannot deliver wine.
Reply 14
Can you work for deliveroo, only being 15?
is that true you need a bike to work for them? you dont get one from them what about helments and these stuff ?
Rather work in Mcdonalds or Lidl. You get paid minimum wage but you have to cycle all day everywhere. Madam, if I wanted to excercise from 9-5 I'd get a treadmill.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Can anyone give any advice to what pay structure is better £7 an hour + £1 each delivery or £3.75 per order. I live in London and I'm a sixth form student so I would like the flexibility but also worried about working without getting any orders and therefore no pay. Any advice would be appreciated?
In my interview, over the phone, i was accused of someone else doing the interviiew for me, i dont know how and why they would assume that, but yeah, i was rejected.
Reply 19
Pros:*Can work around study or another job, You do about 20 miles of cycling on an evening shift -amazing exercise, It's an easy job for ok money

Cons:*The bag looks ridiculous, but makes more sense than unwieldy box, There are very few tips. There can be a lot of waiting around, especially on lunch shifts, so be prepared to get a little chilly, weekend evening shifts might get in the way of social events, they make it difficult to change shifts.

My main reason for writing this is to let people know exactly what the job entails.

Overall I would say it is a great way of making some extra cash. (You also can get £50 for free after the first 20 deliveries if you use the code MA66542 when you sign up ). If you like cycling, it is perfect.

There is a big waiting list for pay-per-delivery work, so you must do pay-per-hour work. It is £7 per hour plus £1 per delivery plus you keep any tips you get. Slower cyclists will do 2 deliveries easily per hour. Faster cyclists will do 3. With the occasional tips (there are barely any as they are paying extra for the service anyway) it works out for me as about £10 per hour.

The minimum you must work is two 3-hour shifts out of Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday night. Then you can do any other lunch or dinner shifts on top of that. I do Saturday and Sunday evenings and Monday and Wednesday lunch times.

Time goes pretty quickly with the help of music or podcasts in one ear. On lunch shifts, it can be quiet, particularly on weekdays. It is a good idea to wear warm gear. There are nearly always other riders to chat to.

It is very difficult, but possible, to change shifts. It is all done over email, and they take about a day to reply. You can only change shifts after 4 weeks, so make sure your schedule is going to work for at least 4 weeks when you sign up in the office.

Declaring that you are sick, there is an emergency or you are going away in the future is easy and done through the app. So far it has always been agreed upon.

The bag is ridiculously big and some people like to shout stuff at you in the evenings for fun. It has to be this size if you get three orders of three pizzas, for example. This will completely fill the bag. I recommend the bag as it is more streamlined and your bike isn't permanently a delivery bike this way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending