The Student Room Group

Do you think seeing a prostitute is wrong?

Scroll to see replies

Yes we should definitely legalise drugs. Take away the business from dealers, regulate their content and availability = safer environment.

As for the rest-legalising brothels works. It simply does.
If you can't afford it, then yes, it's wrong, because you're wasting your money. Also, what about things like AIDS and syphilis? It's a dangerous game.
Original post by flan20

quentinhamilton is wrong about this just like you are.

Does anybody have any brain cells here?

Haha certainly not you. :wink:
Original post by ellie0497
I'm not seeing a prostitute or anything but in general (pretty or not) do you see it as immoral?

as long as she isn't forced/drugged etc (and neither are you), and she is above legal age (and of course you do not cheat on your partner) there is nothing immoral in that.
Reply 124
Original post by quentinhamilton
Haha certainly not you. :wink:

I am one of the smartest on tsr mate. :smile:
OP I'll see yo mama if I want to.

Seriously though, prostitution is one of the main drivers of human trafficking, which is one of the most terrible plagues in the world right now.

If someone willingly wants to give sex for money that's their business but too often it's not their choice. In these instances you're paying a pimp, gangster or trafficker to rape someone they abducted/control.

I'd say that while an exchange of services for money between two consenting adults is fine, people must do their due diligence and make sure they're not doing this with someone who is not doing it will willingly.

I guess the other dimension is that not many women even willingly do this sort of thing without desperation or a history de-sensitising them in this way so even then I'd be iffy if I was the sort to pay for it.

All in all I'd say legalise it wider than it is so that it can be further regulated to protect the sellers of sex as you'd never be able to ban it.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending