The Student Room Group

Hijab on Peter Hitchens.

[video="youtube;MnlyL5yMTnk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnlyL5yMTnk[/video]
Cross dressing is Haram.
Original post by BestBehaviour
Cross dressing is Haram.

Sorry I don't do Arabic.
Original post by william walker
Sorry I don't do Arabic.

Taking pride in one's own ignorance/stupidity is one of the most unappealing traits a person can have.
Cross dressing is Haram.

Translation: "due to the sexist and patriarchal ideals of 7th century Arabia, it is encouraged for women to cover their beauty, but forbidden for a man to cover his own good-looks. Because, as we all know, it's only men that ogle women and never the other way around".
Taking pride in one's own ignorance/stupidity is one of the most unappealing traits a person can have.

Considering I have asked people on here who are meant to be British if they are an Anglican and they don't even know what an Anglican is. We should I know Arabic when I have no interest in Arabia or Islam beyond my general understanding of geopolitics.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Translation: "due to the sexist and patriarchal ideals of 7th century Arabia, it is encouraged for women to cover their beauty, but forbidden for a man to cover his own good-looks. Because, as we all know, it's only men that ogle women and never the other way around".

Actually there is a dress code in Islam, if Hitchens wishes to convert, he can wear a thawb and a shemagh, of course these are cultural icons and a western business suit would satisfy the Islamic requirement.

Considering I have asked people on here who are meant to be British if they are an Anglican and they don't even know what an Anglican is. We should I know Arabic when I have no interest in Arabia or Islam beyond my general understanding of geopolitics.

"Sir, sir, why do I have to go 2 maffs class, I will never use pyfagoras in my life when I work @ mc donalds"
Original post by Plantagenet Crown

It is a choice for a woman and family if they want to cover themselves or not. Modern Puritan Liberalism wanting to destroy any religion and legacy can't be means women are encouraged to not wear it. Personally I prefer it to what women wear and dress like these days. :redface:

"Sir, sir, why do I have to go 2 maffs class, I will never use pyfagoras in my life when I work @ mc donalds"

What?
What?

That mentality of taking a level of pride in not knowing something, just stupid.
That mentality of taking a level of pride in not knowing something, just stupid.

Oh I know what it means. I just don't see why it would be expected that I would. When other people don't even know what an Anglican is.

Stop talking about Anglicanism 24/7 it's got nothing to do with this but you bring it up. Do you have anything else going on or do you just like to talk about the Anglicam constantly. "I'm a high church Anglican" do you want a f**king medal.
Original post by MrKmas508
Stop talking about Anglicanism 24/7 it's got nothing to do with this but you bring it up. Do you have anything else going on or do you just like to talk about the Anglicam constantly. "I'm a high church Anglican" do you want a f**king medal.

If I don't nobody else will. Actually Peter Hitchens is an Anglican and the reason why he opposes multi-culturalism is because he supports British culture which come from Anglicanism and Protestantism after the Restoration. Neither he or I are opposed to a woman wearing a Hijab, we are opposed to the destruction of Protestantism and British culture by Liberal institutions which seek to destroy it and increase there own power.

No I don't want a medal, I want everybody in the nation to be a High Church Anglican and restore the power of the Church.

Quick Reply

Latest