how bad is my position :-/?
Original post by member1753327
Taking all of these to A2

Economics,Russian Language, ICT & Business Studies

how bad is my position :-/?

Drop ICT. No point doing 4!
Original post by Big Blue Machine
Drop ICT. No point doing 4!

Are you saying this to avoid the workload?
Are you saying this to avoid the workload?

Put the same workload into 3. You'll be more likely to get better grades.
It is better to do 3 to A2 and one as an AS rather than four to A2 because the most universities ask for is something like A*A*Ae. Then you can out all your effort into three in the second year and will end up with better grades.

What do you plan to do at university? Or are you not sure?
Reply 5
Call me old fashioned or whatever but try and stick to 'traditional subjects'. Economics >>> Business Studies. More demanding and respected by unis. ICT is pretty crap tbh. Try and do Computing instead but even then I still wouldn't recommend it. Russian is very good as long as it's not your mother tongue. I admire anyone who does a language at A-Level and beyond.

I strongly recommend Mathematics as Economics involves a lot of applied Maths plus if you're not quite sure as to what you want to study at uni Maths will open so many doors for you.

Really depends on what you want to do with those A-Levels. If you want to go to uni, then you should have a rough idea as to what you'd like to study and try and gear your A-Levels towards that so it can prepare you for university in the best possible way.

Hope this helps mate.
Original post by Lozzie97
It is better to do 3 to A2 and one as an AS rather than four to A2 because the most universities ask for is something like A*A*Ae. Then you can out all your effort into three in the second year and will end up with better grades.

What do you plan to do at university? Or are you not sure?

Management at Warwick, or Information Management at UCL concerned about my A level choices since I don't have something like physics
Management at Warwick, or Information Management at UCL concerned about my A level choices since I don't have something like physics

If you don't feel like you'd enjoy or do well in a subject like physics then there is no point in taking it. Especially since it's not essential for that subject choice. Pick subjects you are good at and enjoy. Double check with entry requirements for your choices too.

Business and economics are good choices for your chosen course. Having a language is a respected A level (I'd say equivalent to having a science subject), it is also very useful. Why Russian? (I'm not snubbing your choice, just wondering. I'm got family that speak Russian. I can't go past privet!)

Although business and ICT are sometimes considered 'soft', economics and Russian are not.

Quick Reply

Latest