The Student Room Group

Saudi cleric screams jihad against Russia

52 Saudi Arabian clerics have called on the public to "hurry" to Syria in order to fight the Russian forces there. The clerics, some of which are members of the International Union of Muslim Scholars, urged "all those who are able, and outside of Saudi Arabia, to answer the calls of jihad" and to fight Syrian president Bashar al-Assad, Russia and Iran. According to experts, these clerics seek to mirror Al-Qaeda's and the Taliban's recruitment of young fighters during the Afghan-Soviet war. Saudi anger has been on the rise over Russian and Iranian involvement in Syria's civil war.

Russia last week started airstrikes against Syrian opposition targets that it describes as aimed at weakening ISIS. The Saudi clerics compared it to the Soviet Union's 1980 invasion of Afghanistan, which prompted an international jihad. "The holy warriors of Syria are defending the whole Islamic nation. Trust them and support them... because if they are defeated, God forbid, it will be the turn of one Sunni country after another," the issued joint statement said. Saudi Arabia, along with Turkey and other Gulf states, is a main supporter of rebels fighting Syrian President Bashar Assad, backed by Iran and Russia.

Russia, Iran and Assad have become the new 'Trinity of evils' in the Middle East

The bloodshed in Syria, part of a wider struggle for regional supremacy between Sunni Muslim Saudi Arabia and Shi'ite Iran, has aggravated sectarian anger across the Middle East and drawn religiously motivated foreign fighters to both sides. "The Western-Russian coalition with the Safavids [Iran] and the Nusairis [Alawites] are making a real war against the Sunni people and their countries," the clerics said. "True Muslims across the world are urged give all moral, material, political and military support to fight against Assad, Iran and Russia."

The clerics who issued the joint statement are not officially affiliated with the Saudi Arabian government in Riyadh, Reuters reported, though Saudi Arabia's political system is based upon an alliance between the Wahabbi clerics and the al-Saud ruling family. Apart from the Saudi clerics, a group of 41 Syrian rebel factions have also called for their forces to unite against the Assad regime, Iran and Russia. The Russian intervention in Syria has stoked concerns it could further radicalize Syrian Islamist groups and "moderate" factions and lead to a new wave of foreign fighters entering the country to wage jihad.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/10/05/us-mideast-crisis-saudi-clerics-idUSKCN0RZ1IW20151005

https://www.rt.com/news/317831-saudi-clerics-jihad-syria-russia/

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/10/06/saudi-clerics-call-jihad-assad-russia-iran/

https://news.vice.com/article/saudi-clerics-call-for-jihad-against-iran-and-russia-in-syria

http://www.business-standard.com/article/pti-stories/saudi-clerics-slam-western-russian-syria-alliance-115100700001_1.html

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/patrick-goodenough/sunnis-rage-over-russian-backing-shiite-foes

Anyone sees CIA's shadow in this?
Better they go to one place

Makes them easier to kill.
Original post by BaconandSauce
Better they go to one place

Makes them easier to kill.

You would like that, wouldn't you :wink:?
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
You would like that, wouldn't you :wink:?

Wouldn't you want the same (for the extreme Islamist jihadists)?
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
Wouldn't you want the same (for the extreme Islamist jihadists)?

Yes, send them all to Russia. It won't be our problem then so everybody wins, eh?
Original post by 0123456543210
Muslims seem to be way too aggressive, JIHAD! JIHAAAAAAAAAD on everything!!!!!
Hopefully Russia will exterminate them.

you clearly havent ment a muslim......... and asking russia to exterminate us........ wow.... then they call muslims EXTREMISTS
Just don't care.
Reply 7
They got their fingers burned with Afghanistan and it's going to happen again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apparently the IS have made rare gains in Aleppo in the last few days.

Saudi and some other Persian Gulf states have also announced that they will be increasing their assistance to the "rebels".

Assad's (/Russia's) endgame is weakening his non-IS opposition to such an extent so that the US(/west) have to choose between his regime and the IS. But Saudi and the other top exporters of Wahhabism won't be letting that happen without a fight.

Looks like it's going to get a lot worse before it gets any better...
I feel sorry for the Russians truly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RiverOfTears
I feel sorry for the Russians truly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

image.jpeg In mother Russia. Putin is not scared of Islam, Islam is scared of Putin.
Original post by sana_malik
you clearly havent ment a muslim......... and asking russia to exterminate us........ wow.... then they call muslims EXTREMISTS

Sorry for caused offence, didn't mean it:colondollar:. Unfortunately in the view of the current state of affairs, these two words get blurred together sometimes. But, yeah I meant extremists. :redface:
Original post by MrKmas508
In mother Russia. Putin is not scared of Islam, Islam is scared of Putin.

Oh yeah I truly agree. That's why they ended up leaving Afghanistan :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Here's a picture of the only man i'd be gay for. image.jpeg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Let's be honest the Afghans had help. Anyway as you can see Russia simply don't give a single fluff about anyone and Saudi are all talk no trousers so nothing to worry about.
I love Putin!! And wow i bet he's absolutely crapping himself lmao
Original post by 0123456543210
Sorry for caused offence, didn't mean it:colondollar:. Unfortunately in the view of the current state of affairs, these two words get blurred together sometimes. But, yeah I meant extremists. :redface:

hahaha........ yeah i get you its a frequent mistake unfortunately......... and in Islam Jihad is only used as a last resort.............. the muslims and jews lived in harmony for a long time under the treaty of hudaybiya......... now days the governments are abusing the action of jihad.... and jihad can only happen if a scholor or very religious person orders it......... what IS and other terrorists/freedom fighters are doing is classed as haraam (forbidden)
Reply 17
Original post by MrKmas508
Here's a picture of the only man i'd be gay for. image.jpeg

Shame he'd have you thrown in prison if you did.
Original post by Aj12
Shame he'd have you thrown in prison if you did.

I have a meme for that. image.jpeg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because the CIA poured a tonne of money, training and arms into the mujahideen?

America has picked the Sunnis, Russia is left with the Shias, none of this helps Muslims or Arabs or Afghans.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending