The Student Room Group

Father has forbidden me from going anywhere on holiday without my parents

Scroll to see replies

Ii
Original post by XcitingStuart
Stop imposing restrictions and stipulations already; she needn't be married in a moral standpoint, and it needn't be a husband in a moral standpoint.

You just help perpetuate this bullshït

edit: I just realised the smiley in your post, so if it was just said in jest (which I now think it might be), I'm sorry. Sorry if I have misinterpreted it. :h: :tongue:

@OP you'll have to prioritise between your desire to go on holiday, your relationship with your father (including the constant restrictions being placed on you and what not) etc. etc. Consider the extent and length of these restrictions being placed on you, and do what you want to.

I'd personally cut it, if these arguments are frequent etc. etc. Do you want this for the rest of your life? I certainly hope not (but again, that's a personal thought.)

Original post by enaayrah
I get so angry when my mum says this to me. :angry:

No, she doesn't

You lot stop trying to impose your views on other members. The OP asked for advice. Muslims assumed she was muslim so they have given islamic advice. So calm your damn goats and give it a break.

Blame the OP. If she wanted advice which only agreed with her anger and told her to go on a 1 week holiday even if it ends up her never talking to her dad again, then she should've been more specific.

But op wasn't specific. So calm the hell down. Anyone is free to give whatever advice they please.
Original post by childofthesun
You're 20. Make your own decisions!

Are you muslim?

I'm curious. You always post contradicting posts which border on sarcasm. So I can't ever tell.
Move out...
islam for you
Reply 65
Did you get a STD, pregnant, high or a horrible tat or all three the last time you went on holiday without your family?
Original post by HAnwar
If she's a Muslim she does.

Well, no. She could still do as she wants. Plenty of Moslems drink alcohol, ignore their parents, treat their slaves and servants badly, eat pork and otherwise ignore the Koran. Not all are as hidebound as you.
Original post by Good bloke
Well, no. She could still do as she wants. Plenty of Moslems drink alcohol, ignore their parents, treat their slaves and servants badly, eat pork and otherwise ignore the Koran. Not all are as hidebound as you.

Stop trying to impose your view on others. Pfft atheists nowadays.

If OP has a problem with advice, she can reply again by herself. It's a free thread till then.
Original post by Anonymous

It's a free thread till then.

It is, so why are you trying to interfere in what others post in it? And why anonymously? Go away.
Islam in a nutshell.
Original post by Good bloke
It is, so why are you trying to interfere in what others post in it? And why anonymously? Go away.

I like interfering with other people's interfering. I like anonymous. It prevents atheists resorting to low attacks on my character and thus they cannot turn the conversation away from the topic at hand.

I see you're trying to do the same with the anonymous issue. You go away. Go far far away.
Are you muslim?

I'm curious. You always post contradicting posts which border on sarcasm. So I can't ever tell.

Who is this? :curious:
Original post by HAnwar
Unless you're going for less than 3 days, you do.

lold, imagine agreeing with this backwards ideology.
I'm a girl and my father (Asian muslim if that helps) and I just had an argument where he has completely forbidden me from going on holiday with anyone who isn't my family. I'm so pissed off.

I asked him if I could go to Paris (not a party destination like Ibiza) for a few days with my female friends who are all non-drinkers and very decent girls but he just completely blew up swearing and shouting and refused to engage in conversation about why I couldn't go. I'm nearly 21 ffs. These restrictions and the resulting blow ups are a common occurrence I should add.

What should I do?

Move out?
Original post by HAnwar
If she's a Muslim she does.

Lmao it's not 1000 BC anymore. Get used to that idea.
Reply 75
Take him with you
Original post by childofthesun
Who is this? :curious:

:lol:

Telling you would undo the whole anon process!

Anyway it's fine if you don't want to answer.

Cheerio :smile:
I'm a girl and my father (Asian muslim if that helps) and I just had an argument where he has completely forbidden me from going on holiday with anyone who isn't my family. I'm so pissed off.

I asked him if I could go to Paris (not a party destination like Ibiza) for a few days with my female friends who are all non-drinkers and very decent girls but he just completely blew up swearing and shouting and refused to engage in conversation about why I couldn't go. I'm nearly 21 ffs. These restrictions and the resulting blow ups are a common occurrence I should add.

What should I do?

I can relate. My parents wouldn't let me go abroad with my mates even though I don't drink or go clubbing that often
Reply 78
Original post by enaayrah
Lmao it's not 1000 BC anymore. Get used to that idea.

Lmao Islam doesn't change even if it's a million years after. Get used to that idea.
You are a legal adult and you are allowed to do whatever you want so I don't understand the point of this thread.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending