The Student Room Group

How much teaspoons of sugar do you have in one day?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by the bear
i have 2 in coffee... 0 in tea

nice.
Way too many in my breakfast meals (usually 2 table spoons in my oats and one tablespoon in my wheatabix :redface: )
But apart from that none :smile:
Probably at least 20
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Way too many in my breakfast meals (usually 2 table spoons in my oats and one tablespoon in my wheatabix :redface: )
But apart from that none :smile:

Nice, Breakfast needs to like that as it keeps you charged up the whole day :h:
Original post by Prince_fancybum
Probably at least 20

Oh wow :s-smilie:
Original post by Azhar Rana
Oh wow :s-smilie:

What with the amount of sugar in processed foods and just food and drink in general today, and modern diets, the average person probably consumes this much a day, if not more.
Reply 26
246.33 grams.
Original post by connieiscrazy
What with the amount of sugar in processed foods and just food and drink in general today, and modern diets, the average person probably consumes this much a day, if not more.

The irony behind that is, we can't control what's going inside our bodies :frown:
Original post by Mr JB
246.33 grams.

Wow, that's a good approximate :tongue:
looks like you drink a lot of sodas to reach that amount :biggrin:
Original post by Azhar Rana
The irony behind that is, we can't control what's going inside our bodies :frown:

I suppose the only way we can control it is by cutting out processed foods and only eating organic produce... but even then that's difficult and impractical to do all the time
Original post by connieiscrazy
I suppose the only way we can control it is by cutting out processed foods and only eating organic produce... but even then that's difficult and impractical to do all the time

True, I agree with you :console:
Heard it is best to use honey instead as more natural. Honey in hot water actually tastes nicer than tea!
Reply 32
Original post by moggis
However many teaspoons of sugar everyone thinks they are having per day they should multiply by two* in order to take into account the sugar in their food.

(I swear by a product called Half Spoon by Silverspoon.Its half the calories of sugar but tastes like sugar.

I drink 15 cups of coffee a day so I need to watch my sugar intake and just half a spoon of this stuff suffices.)

* probably even more

15 cups of coffee a day!! Are you alright though?
Original post by fashionistauk
Heard it is best to use honey instead as more natural. Honey in hot water actually tastes nicer than tea!

honey definitely tastes better :u:
Reply 34
Original post by m3m
15 cups of coffee a day!! Are you alright though?

Well I'm definitely not tired.
Reply 35
Original post by moggis
Well I'm definitely not tired.
Tired?

I was wondering how often you come down to land.
Reply 36
Original post by Simes
Tired?

I was wondering how often you come down to land.

I must have built up some kind of immunity from when I used to be a tube driver.

Towards the end of an early shift I'd take 2 pro plus with a pint mug of strong coffee.( Not to mention all the coffee I drank to wake up )

Then I'd hit the gym and the town!

15 cups of gold blend simply doesn't have the same affect......either that or I'm past it:frown:
No idea how much sugar I'm consuming in fruit and other foods, although I've cut out most of the sweet, carby stuff (iced buns, etc)

However, I probably have 3 spoons of sugar, 3 times a week. Only have it in my (very large) coffee, and that's not everyday.

And I have the belly to show for it. Although that's more to do with the iced buns and bread than the coffees.

Quick Reply

Latest