The Student Room Group

My teachers aren't predicting me an A for A2

Hiya,

I am currently on BBB and I would like to study history and politics, hopefully as Exeter university which requires AAA-AAB including an A in history.
I am being predicted As in English and politics, but a B in history.
This is despite the fact there is 1 UMS mark between my history and politics results and I was achieving A grades in history throughout the year. Even though my teachers are acknowledging that it was exam pressure on the day and I am 'fully capable' and 'probably will' get an A grade at A2, they are refusing to predict me it. Instead, they are predicting me a B because they do not want to be penalised or put their reputations on the line in case I do not achieve an A grade.
I also told them because coursework is included this year and the exam is coursework style, I am likely to do well because I will not crumble under the exam pressure. I received full marks in my English coursework at AS.

Is there anything I can do? I am terrified that the likes of Exeter and Southampton will reject me because I am predicted a B in history- the only university which will probably consider me is Essex, which is my 5th choice.
Get your parents or the head teachers involved. I've been here before and it ended up ruining my application because i didn't want to make a "fuss" and annoy my teachers. I achieved a B at AS and my history teacher predicted me a C overall while telling me I could get an A. I pleaded and cried meanwhile all my other friends got predicted A's even though they achieved a B. I was to afraid of antagonising them which is so stupid and didn't raise it with my head. Go to the head of sixth form/college and tell them you need this for your application. If they don't do anything get your parents/carers involved. Best of luck I'm sure you'll get an offer from Exeter!

Quick Reply

Latest