The Student Room Group

Work Experience.

Next September I will be going on to do A levels. In the summer before next September I would like to do work experience. The only problem is I really can't find anything. I've sent an email to like, two people and I haven't got a reply yet. I want to do quite a lot of work experience next summer. Can anyone recommend a few links where I can find good work experience?
What field do want to go into?
Reply 2
Original post by txmidayoxo
What field do want to go into?

To be honest, I want to do psychiatry. But I would really like to have a range in work experience.
Original post by Neveka
To be honest, I want to do psychiatry. But I would really like to have a range in work experience.

Probably a care home is the most accessible. Or like a charity shop that's linked to a hospital, like St Christopher's Hospice. Or maybe a pharmacy?
What did you do for your year 10 work experience?
ask your careers advisor at school or your head of year/house for any help on getting work experience, care homes are good and fairly easy to get work experience at if you cant get help from your school though.
Reply 5
Original post by Neveka
Next September I will be going on to do A levels. In the summer before next September I would like to do work experience. The only problem is I really can't find anything. I've sent an email to like, two people and I haven't got a reply yet. I want to do quite a lot of work experience next summer. Can anyone recommend a few links where I can find good work experience?

From personal experience 2 people is not enough.

Your first best bet is to find experience through family links and friends.

Otherwise you can go through the school and see what they have to offer.

Or you might have to do what I did, which was go through a whole list of contacts asking whether they can offer you a placement.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Actually one place you could work is with a company called InDeep (http://www.in-deep.org.uk/)

I arranged a placement which involved looking after a man with dementia. Its really easy to enlist by yourself and they did have a shortage of volunteers.
Original post by Alweedi
From personal experience 2 people is not enough.

Your first best bet is to find experience through family links and friends.

Otherwise you can go through the school and see what they have to offer.

Or you might have to do what I did, which was go through a whole list of contacts asking whether they can offer you a placement.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest