The Student Room Group

I hate my uni :(

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me. Basically, for a number of reasons, I am not enjoying being at University. I have only been here a few weeks but I can just tell I've made a mistake. I don't like my course here at all, I enjoy the subject (English) but the methods of teaching and the modules do not interest me at all. I am considering dropping out and reapplying elsewhere, but my parents aren't keen on me having a year out.

I'm home at the moment and have tried discussing it with them but they really aren't keen. I hate being far away from home, and I really wish I could move to a closer uni, but I didn't get the grades to do this course at that uni, and I really want to go there but the only way I can see that being possible would be either to transfer after the first year if I get good enough grades and they have room on the course, (But it's a popular course and I'm not even sure if it's what I want to be doing) Or to re apply for 2016 entry. Does anyone have any advice? I feel completely lost in this situation and the thought of going back to Uni in a couple of days is making me feel physically sick :frown:
I would recommend transferring after first year of doing the english course. so there you might even change your mind and stay.
Reply 2
Original post by howtobealady
I would recommend transferring after first year of doing the english course. so there you might even change your mind and stay.

Hi thanks for responding. I just don't think I can spend a whole year there and I really don't think I'll do well there because of how unhappy I am there.
Drop out. I dropped out of a uni course I hated and I am so glad I did,
Original post by littlenorthernlass
Drop out. I dropped out of a uni course I hated and I am so glad I did,

Which uni course was this?
My parents weren't keen on me dropping out a few weeks ago, but when I came home for the weekend and they realised how unhappy I was they were cool with it. I don't regret it :smile:
I'd do whatever is best for you. There isn't any harm in deciding to leave it for a year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending