The Student Room Group

How did your parent's meet?

I'm half Somalian and St.Lucian which is a very mix that makes people immediately ask how in the hell did my parents meet? LOL Anyway mines meet at this suppose popular three floor club in East London on the Soul floor during the early 90s. I know what your thinking sounds like something from Boyz N The Hood aha. Which brings me to the question how did your parents meet and created the awesome person that is you :smile:

Scroll to see replies

At uni.
They're still together after 30 years which is rare for couples these days :biggrin:
My parents were, quite literally, childhood sweethearts. My dad was the year above my mum, they met at school through mutual friends. But then soon realised that my dad actually lived down the road from my mum. I think they still would've been together if it hadn't been for my Dad's death in his 30's. They had been together from 15 until mid 30's.
Reply 3
Arranged marriage through friends but my mum had been attracted to my dad beforehand. 31 years on, 7 kids and 2 grandchildren later they are both still happily married and hopelessly in love :smile:
Reply 4
My dad came back to our home country for holiday, and I think it was one of his friends that had a cousin (my mum) he thought my dad would like. So they went to my mum's house and my dad found her sewing something. He must have admired it.
Reply 5
They were pen pals to begin with and then they met up in person and took it from there. They broke up completely when I was 3.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Through friends. They both had partners at the time though.
Mine met at a youth club in Bristol back when they were just 14/15. I think they were just friends at first, and it wasn't until a couple of years later that they got together H

35 years on, all is still going strong :biggrin:
My mum was holidaying in the Swiss Alps. My dad was there too. Right place at the right time
My parents met at a nightclub and they spent the whole night talking about politics :lol:
I think my mum met my dad through work or something. My auntie worked with him and then they ended up chatting at a work party.
My parents met at a wedding. My mum had flown back to London from New York to sort out the rest of her things. She had a job lined up and found an apartment there too. Anyway she ended up meeting my dad and after spending time together I guess she fell for the prick and decided to stay in London.
They met on a blind date I think. They divorced this year though
Through a walkie talkie type thing.
My mum use to steal it off my uncle and speak to my dad. They met up after talking for a few months and have been together since. Basically childhood sweethearts.. My mum was 14 and my dad was 16, been together 33 years and married almost 25 years

Posted from TSR Mobile
In a language class, possibly German, in this country. Both came to this country perhaps a few years before that.
met at work :lol: so boring.
Though school. And I also believe that my mother's best friend lived down the road from my dad, so I guess that helped too.
Reply 17
Dad rode a motorcycle, which did something for my ma. He proposed to get under a waterfall, she said no.
Original post by MBap1
Anyway mines meet at this suppose popular three floor club in East London on the Soul floor during the early 90s.

Aww that sounds really cool.

Mine met because they were both working in the same hospital, one a doctor the other a nurse. :h:
My parents met in a nightclub when my dad asked my mum to dance. Another man asked to dance with my mum, and she didn't want to, so told him that my dad was her boyfriend. They found out that they lived in the same village. My mum was 17 and dad was 21, they started dating, and nearly 36 years on from when they first met, (with two kids, two dogs and two fish) they're still together :h: Despite my dad dumping her on her 18th birthday :facepalm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending