The Student Room Group

Why tf do I keep getting rejection letters?

I'm really pissed off! I applied to HMV as a seasonal colleague last year with 0 experience of till work and I got accepted immediately after the interview which was a bloody miracle. However this year, I applied early to HMV in Croydon cause it's closer to me AND in Bromley and immediately got rejected and it's not even been 2 days? Sorry but wtf is this bull****, are you telling me they wont even bother to invite someone who's had the experience of a busy Christmas environment to an interview? Sorry I'm absolutely annoyed because last year they employed literally a load of noobs who took no interest to work for them and didn't even turn up for work. And then those employees chose to terminate their contract early so basically they wasted time employing idiots when other people could have had the chance...

I re-applied to HMV because I was familiar with the job requirements, it was fun working there and I wouldn't really require much training but now I'm not sure what to do? I NEED a Christmas job and there are 2 positions in oxford street but I don't want to go down the route of paying more to get there than what I'm actually paid again (happened last year). I'm thinking of maybe Argos or something that DOESN'T involve clothing, I feel sorry for the sales assistants that have to clean up the clothes in primark. Any suggestions on why I got rejected and what I can do? No offense to HMV but their application form is pretty damn basic. Doesn't ask for a CV, just asks why you want to do the job and what skills it will help to bring in the future... I incorporated what I did last year into my answers and poof, rejected. :angry::s-smilie:
Reply 1
Original post by MarikaGogo
I'm really pissed off! I applied to HMV as a seasonal colleague last year with 0 experience of till work and I got accepted immediately after the interview which was a bloody miracle. However this year, I applied early to HMV in Croydon cause it's closer to me AND in Bromley and immediately got rejected and it's not even been 2 days? Sorry but wtf is this bull****, are you telling me they wont even bother to invite someone who's had the experience of a busy Christmas environment to an interview? Sorry I'm absolutely annoyed because last year they employed literally a load of noobs who took no interest to work for them and didn't even turn up for work. And then those employees chose to terminate their contract early so basically they wasted time employing idiots when other people could have had the chance...

I re-applied to HMV because I was familiar with the job requirements, it was fun working there and I wouldn't really require much training but now I'm not sure what to do? I NEED a Christmas job and there are 2 positions in oxford street but I don't want to go down the route of paying more to get there than what I'm actually paid again (happened last year). I'm thinking of maybe Argos or something that DOESN'T involve clothing, I feel sorry for the sales assistants that have to clean up the clothes in primark. Any suggestions on why I got rejected and what I can do? No offense to HMV but their application form is pretty damn basic. Doesn't ask for a CV, just asks why you want to do the job and what skills it will help to bring in the future... I incorporated what I did last year into my answers and poof, rejected. :angry::s-smilie:

Maybe they had a large number of applicants alreay. I had an interview for a christmas temp job and they'd had 150 applicants - like hmv, you didnt need to submit a cv or answer anything too difficult but obviously not everyone got interviewed.
Reply 2
hey could you tell me any advice in applying ? like not sure what to say in the application that would be interesting as i have no experience also really sorry about your refusal ill suggest argos as they are friendlier but i assume they will be very busy and argos application process is cv based if that helps
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by tanimose
hey could you tell me any advice in applying ? like not sure what to say in the application that would be interesting as i have no experience

Usually for these kinds of things they ask if you haven't got any experience, to tell them of times you have felt that you've been delivered good service, so that you clearly understand what good service is despite never having given any. If there is anything else you've done apart from work (any kind of school experiences - chosen for any kinds of groups? do you have responsibility in school or at home?) that you can tell them what you have learned from these.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending