The Student Room Group

Dropping A-level Fine Art?

I'm really unsure of whether to drop Art. I've just started my first year of the two years (I belive it's a two year course now, so you can't do just one year and get the qualification for that). I'm currently doing English lang/lit, Photography and History alongside Art, and I really don't know what I'd like to do as a career - I like design and aesthetic kind of stuff and I did get an A* for art at GCSE, but it's getting too much. Some unis require an A level relevent to your career choice if it's design, so if I drop Art would photography still be enough to get me into a good design degree? I'm not even sure if I want to do a design degree. :frown: My eye has been twitching for 5 days, and I haven't slept properly since school started, and the Art teacher says there's absolutely no excuse to not get any of the homework done when she sets us 4 pieces of homework that take about 3 hours each for the week ahead. I spend every free and lunchtime in the art room completing classwork for Art, and I'm getting behind with my other subjects. I dread Art all the time and I feel like I'm slipping into another bout of mild depression like I did last year from lack of sleep/stress, and that was the worst time of my life and I hope that never ever gets as bad again, but I'm stuck in a rut about what to do with Art. :frown: So sorry for the rambling, if anyone has any advice at all I'd be very grateful! Thank you lots :smile:
I've started my first of the 2 years of art too. However my workload is no where near as bad as yours I'm sorry to hear.

How are others in your class coping? Maybe it it's too much for everyone you should have a discussion with your teacher or headmaster. Good luck.
Original post by Turtlemoss
I've started my first of the 2 years of art too. However my workload is no where near as bad as yours I'm sorry to hear.

How are others in your class coping? Maybe it it's too much for everyone you should have a discussion with your teacher or headmaster. Good luck.

I think everyone is finding it a bit too much to handle - I'm going to speak to my teacher tomorrow about dropping it/trying to find out what to do. It's lovely that you are enjoying it though! Thank you for the advice! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending