The Student Room Group

Im Finding A-level Maths Difficult, Any tips?

Hello,

I'm currently studying A-level maths and i'm frankly finding it very hard. I have studied incredibly hard thus far and have been on top of all my notes and things but i just find it difficult (A2 level).

Are there any tips on how to be successful in A2 maths or how to be better? I need maths and can't drop it but im just so confused.
Keep practising and more importantly, don't stress about it. Find something that motivates you to want to put in effort, and take it slowly. Focus on perfecting one topic at a time and exam questions.
Have a look at www.examsolutions.net. In my opinion, and that of many others who've used this website, that the guy making these videos is pretty good at his job. It might help you.
Original post by Itsallaconundrum
Hello,

I'm currently studying A-level maths and i'm frankly finding it very hard. I have studied incredibly hard thus far and have been on top of all my notes and things but i just find it difficult (A2 level).

Are there any tips on how to be successful in A2 maths or how to be better? I need maths and can't drop it but im just so confused.

What in particular is giving you issues? Some topics that don't make sense? Finding hard questions to be too difficult?

For most things practice is the solution, watch videos online, ask your teacher for help, do as many questions as you can until you start to get it.
Reply 4
Original post by Itsallaconundrum
Hello,

1) learn in class
2) Consolidate using videos on YouTube, I prefer EXAMSOLUTIONS and UKMATHS TEACHER
3) Do all the questions in your textbook for maths based on the topic.
4) When you feel you are confident with each topic make sure that you do exam past paper questions
5) If ever anything confuses you feel free to ask your teachers as they are there for you

Don't do maths sums too late in the course!
work chronologically and you will get good marks
(I did this and got 300/300 UMS :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest