The Student Room Group

Does weather affect mood of British people?

Heard Britain is cloudy/rainy most of the time.

P.S. kindly do not start cursing the weather. I just need to know does weather really affect people there?

Scroll to see replies

I love the rain.
I'm chirpier when it's sunny and lazier when it's cold. When it rains, I feel calm and relaxed. When it's windy, I get gassy :indiff:
Reply 3
Original post by RainbowKiwi
I'm chirpier when it's sunny and lazier when it's cold. When it rains, I feel calm and relaxed. When it's windy, I get gassy :indiff:

Wind makes u fart m8?
Yes definitely, I have to use a sad lamp all winter.. summer makes me happy and energetic.. winter kills me xD
Original post by Zuki
Wind makes u fart m8?

m8 I said 'gassy', learn to read smh.
Reply 6
Original post by RainbowKiwi
m8 I said 'gassy', learn to read smh.

Sorry m8 I didnt go 2 skl
Yes, studies have shown that weather can affect mood. To some more than others, for example some people suffer from SAD which stands for Seasonal Affective Disorder and can become quite depressed during the duller and winter months.
Original post by Warrior Gene
Heard Britain is cloudy/rainy most of the time.

P.S. kindly do not start cursing the weather. I just need to know does weather really affect people there?

Probably not so much, since we're all so used to it raining near-constantly and being cloudy when it's not raining. Every time the sun appears is cause for celebration. :yep:
hate the summer cause the suns always in your face........... i prefer spring summer and winter
I live in Britain and I honestly feel more tired when it's raining/cloudy/windy, and (slightly) more energetic when it's sunny. I don't like it to be too hot though :h:
Hate the cold,love the sun-I feel it encourages me to be more active rather than Sit around doing nothing
It's so peaceful when we have summer rain
It does affect to an extent yes, whether you feel that extent is on an individual basis though.

In my most recent workplace though people would b**** about the weather every day and go nrhg nrgh nrgh its always rainy in Britain waaaa which got irritating (primarily because it's not as rainy as people actually say, we have plenty of cloudy and sunny days).
Autumn and Winter are amazing.:h: I love wrapping up warm and I LOVE foggy mornings!
Original post by RiverOfTears
I love the rain.

Me too. :loveduck: Do you like it really overcast and windy?
I imagine that if the sun came out people would be happier, though of course it's impossible to say until we have a sunny day (maybe next year?)
yh people are always moody when it rains and they think that i'm high bc i'm usually the only one thats always happy and hyper despite the weather :biggrin:
Recently, we've been having more sun, temperatures are on the up

but i can't have too much sun, i prefer the lovely British weather, to be honest though, British weather means to be up and down and unpredictable as opposed to just being rainy and cloudy all the time
The weather does tend to affect my mood.
It doesn't matter what the weather, rain or shine British people love a good moan.:colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest