The Student Room Group

I hate "G's"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Colour Me Pretty
''G''s, why don't you say what you really mean and call them black people?

Not all "G"s are black o.o
Original post by divinorus
I'm honestly not racist, I am myself of arab descent.

So you can't be racist towards black people if you're Arab? lol. Just lol.............
Reply 62
Original post by divinorus
For as long as I can remember I've ****ing hated a sub-group of people I call "the g's"these people are basically fake gangsters. If you live in London you'll have definitely come across them. If there's a stabbing you hear about in the news 100% it's a g who got stabbed and a 'g' who did the stabbing.I spent my entire childhood being bullied by these people. Grime music is the soundtrack to my ****ty school experience.

Before my maths exam in GCSE a g tried to steal my calculator because he forgot his.Anyway I've had this really strong hatred for this group of people. Its hard to explain but I basically think that they're an eyesore.I always see hood rats hanging around the streets trying to look indimidating, selling drugs and etc, and it's sad because these people are wasting their lives.I don't think anyone really ventures to these parts of london where the g's reside, but if you ever do you'll see there's a huge problem...

What are we going to do about them? they're basically never going to contribute anything to society, they're doing so much crime, robbery, muggings and etc. tbh most of them AREN'T WHITE but some are. This isn't to imply a racist causality but it seems that most of them are black, who knows why that is, but I want it solved because I hate seeing this waste of human potential allowed to get worse and worse,This fake gansgter culture, inspired by ****ty grime/rap music it's like a cultural cancer.

Yes, black people are horrible, let's get rid of all of them.....

...wait, I'm doing it right, aren't I?
Reply 63
Original post by Colour Me Pretty
''G''s, why don't you say what you really mean and call them black people?

I think it's a very complex issue. For example, rap music is very different to hip-hop with the latter tending to focus on the oppression of black people etc. Rap music tends to place an emphasis on money, women etc. IMO rap music is just a side effect of the society we live in because as a whole this generation is very materialistic and arguably more promiscuous than previous generations. I mean, is a rapper talking about how many witches he ducked much different to the adulation the Kardashian's experience when the entire family are only where they are today because Kim released a sex tape? Are we going to blame the Kardashians for this generation's love of selfies?

lol no :lol: Do you even Wikipedia?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapping
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_hop

Gotta be careful because what you're referring to specifically is gangsta rap, and you're thus being misleading, as you are labelling all rap as gangsta rap, which then some poxy kid is going to read in this thread and use it as further justification for their racist, bigoted views.

Anyhow why is it intrinsically wrong to be materialistic? What you dont realise about a lot of these gangsta rappers is that many of them came from the most abject poverty in their countries...and the mountains of money they splash around and the beautiful women they are frequently in the company of, is just a reminder to themselves that all their hard work and struggling has finally paid off. We all have our own visions of success - who's to say one person's vision is more morally valid than another's?

It's inspirational more than anything, and if you dont like a bit of money, clothes, cars, and women (or men), then there's something wrong with you if you ask m.e
(edited 8 years ago)
If I have to see another pair of Air Max 95s or Huaraches I going to cry. Tired of seeing them ugly ass creps everywhere in south London.
Original post by J.Ryder
Not all "G"s are black o.o

I know, but OP mentioned how many of them are so I was addressing that point.
Original post by MAINE.
lol no :lol: Do you even Wikipedia?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapping
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_hop

Gotta be careful because what you're referring to specifically is gangsta rap, and you're thus being misleading, as you are labelling all rap as gangsta rap, which then some poxy kid is going to read in this thread and use it as further justification for their racist, bigoted views.

Anyhow why is it intrinsically wrong to be materialistic? What you dont realise about a lot of these gangsta rappers is that many of them came from the most abject poverty in their countries...and the mountains of money they splash around and the beautiful women they are frequently in the company of, is just a reminder to themselves that all their hard work and struggling has finally paid off. We all have our own visions of success - who's to say one person's vision is more morally valid than another's?

It's inspirational more than anything, and if you dont like a bit of money, clothes, cars, and women (or men), then there's something wrong with you if you ask m.e

Fair, I should have clarified on that point.

I don't think being materialistic is a particularly bad thing. However, there is a glorification of violence in gangsta rap and a fair bit of misogyny. With regards to gangsta rap, I wouldn't say it's inherently more misogynistic than other music genres, I just think it's more transparent about it. .
Reply 67
...Why did you make it racial tho?
Do you want to "solve" black people?

I feeling like majority of the "Wannabe gangsta's/"G's" that I went to school with were south asian and not black xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending