The Student Room Group

Why do guys lead girls on?

Why do guys tend to lead girls on then forget them like they never existed in the first place?

I met a guy online not long ago (snapchat) he always told me he felt strongly for me and we spoke every day for a good 2 months and had a great time talking to one another,
he said he could never leave me for anyone, he wasn’t very social just to be clear he didn’t interact a lot online, anyway we were supposed to meet he was to come down to my uni place and we planned to meet up and just spend some time together, but it didn’t happen in fact he stopped replying to me his excuse was “im not ignoring you im just really busy atm, I love you very much”

I asked him to let me go and tell me if he doesn’t have the time or isn’t interested so I can stop making an effort in sending him messages but his response was something on lines off don’t ever leave me I want to meet you and make you my girl, I really love you, you mean a lot to me and you changed my life for the better and so forth but then he suddenly started to ignore my messages,

did I do something wrong? Why would he tell me that then just disappear and not ever contact me again,

I texted him countless amount of times, I don’t get it why did he do this? I asked him if everything was ok but no response. What’s happened to him? Hes seen them all, he’s active on social sites ect what did I do wrong?
Shouldn't be generalizing all males. Yes he's a tosser and you found out so forget about him and focus on yourself.
He told you he loved you within two months in the relationship. Alarm bells there.

Plus it's easier for peeps to be callous over the Internet. Not everyone is like this, you just met a bad egg soz.
Because we're all playaaaaaaaas
Girl do this also.
Reply 5
Original post by Xenon17
These people don't understand. The guy clearly feels something for you but is scared to love. Trust me I would know. Falling in love with someone can be the scariest thing for some people. Its a biological response for a man to run from his feelings.

i understand but why ignore me?
Ummmmmmm.... why do girls lead guys on? We get it too, perhaps even worse than you do :redface: It is life though
Original post by Anonymous
i understand but why ignore me?

He may have issues or other stuff its difficult because you met online if it was in person it would be easier for you to understand.
Original post by william walker
Girl do this also.

Thats true, I've done it myself unfortunately
Yet, another one of these threads again...and I was afraid I'm not going to get one today.

We men are so horrible and despicable, aren't we gents?
Original post by chantalc
Thats true, I've done it myself unfortunately

why?
Do you think i should text him again??
why?

Found it hard to trust people as in previous experiences I'd just get left or given up on. I'd get to a decent relationship and then freak out. I have an amazing boyfriend now, though.
Do you think i should text him again??

If he's started ignoring you again, don't bother. Let this one go.
...how do you even meet someone off Snapchat?
He's not leading you on. You've completely misinterpreted the entire situation. You failed to be considerate and understanding. You should learn to be independent. Firstly, you're texting way too much, you shouldn't need to text him more than a couple of times per week. Secondly, he's very busy. He's at university, he has a life. He has commitments, he has studies, he doesn't have the time to reply to you. He's not leading you on, he says he loves you, but he's just too busy and he needs to focus on different aspects of his life that aren't you. You can't expect his world to revolve around you, you need to become independent and to take a more casual approach to this sort of thing.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SeanFM
If he's started ignoring you again, don't bother. Let this one go.

ive texted him 5x its been a month since i last texted him he never replied
Change the topic title from "guys" to "people" and it'll be a lot more accurate. Also, try not to base your judgment of an entire group of people on an experience with just one of them.
ive texted him 5x its been a month since i last texted him he never replied

Even more of a reason to just leave it and see if he responds, if not don't go through any more frustration.
Original post by Thickfreakness
He's not leading you on. You've completely misinterpreted the entire situation. You failed to be considerate and understanding. You should learn to be independent. Firstly, you're texting way too much, you shouldn't need to text him more than a couple of times per week. Secondly, he's very busy. He's at university, he has a life. He has commitments, he has studies, he doesn't have the time to reply to you. He's not leading you on, he says he loves you, but he's just too busy and he needs to focus on different aspects of his life that aren't you. You can't expect his world to revolve around you, you need to become independent and to take a more casual approach to this sort of thing.

I gave him a whole month in-fact more time to just think things through, i even asked him if hes not interested then tell me straight up so i can try to move on but i got no reply, surely if he didnt want anything to do with me he could say it, instead of me going mental thinking things why may not be true? im not attached just hurt, im at uni too i know how stressful it can be

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending