The Student Room Group

A-level Options Help??

Who did Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Physics AS and coped?

Im so stressed out and the workload is immense and nearly unbearable. What would you do to cope?
Reply 1
I started with bio chem maths and geography... then dropped chem because I hated it and am now not coping with maths A2 at all I need to get a tutor to get me through it.
The problem is you've got to really love your subjects to be able to cope with it all, I don't love chemistry and despite enjoying it and being good at it at GCSE I do not like Maths. People in my school have coped with those four options, but they're the ones who absolutely love it all. Do what you love
Reply 2
Biology Chem Maths and French here, Chem's a bitch so I can imagine how you feel.. Well, the course just started but make sure you're reviewing stuff and then when you get to a position where you can sit a whole paper (when you've finished learning an entire modue) just do lots and lots of past papers so you're familiar with mark scheme language and all that stuff. You'll get through it if you put your head down for the next 2 years and get on with it. Don't overwork yourself either though, relax sometimes. Good luck!
I did Physics Maths and Chemistry (and History) . As the 2 above me have said Chemistry is very challenging and is considered the hardest A level. That said, its not that hard when you understand it. I was in your position a year ago and I found Chemistry so bad however I revised it a lot and by the time exams came it was quite easy. Personally I found Maths AS extremely easy and Physics quite easy however both subjects require a lot of work. If you have free periods I would strongly recommend working in them, wether that be Homework or Revision. By doing this, you will have more time to relax at home. Good luck:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheOnlyAngel
Who did Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Physics AS and coped?

Im so stressed out and the workload is immense and nearly unbearable. What would you do to cope?

I did those AS levels and got ok grades at AS (AABB). I also did an extended project qualification (A*).

The only advice I can give, is to get your head down and work! Make a timetable, when you get set a deadline make sure you do a bit each day to keep it ticking over. Unless you are the kind of person to do it all in one go, but I find that doesn't work for me.

Talk to your friends and teachers, they will help you manage your time. Essentially it always comes down to time management - you have to have a thorough routine and make few exceptions. Don't waste time! Work hard, play hard, etc.

It's hard but it's worth it in the end. When you come out of sixth form you want to feel that you did the best you could!

Quick Reply

Latest