The Student Room Group

Is it true that guys will get with anyone in a club?

Like if a guy is 'out on the pull' will he get with a girl he doesn't find attractive if she approaches him or do looks matter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Think it works both ways tbh
Original post by SA-1
Think it works both ways tbh

Sorry, what do you mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by TheGoldenBean
Sorry, what do you mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile

When a girl goes out to get with someone, she will get with someone who she doesn't necessarily find attractive too..

(if she isn't approached by someone she finds good looking
I imagine they would go with anyone who wasn't hideous or very overweight.
Reply 5
Well, after having been to uni and going clubbing alot, this is what I've witnessed. Now, I will say it tends to happen, not that it happens all the time and certainly not that all guys do it. A joke I heard on the subject pretty much covers it:

"You'll notice early on most of the conventionally attractive girls are taken or being hit on. As the night drags on and the club filters out, it starts to become much like clearing on UCAS. Guys just end up going for whoever they can find that isn't taken."
Reply 6
There's a guy I know, Terry, who proves this one true.
Original post by Danz123
Well, after having been to uni and going clubbing alot, this is what I've witnessed. Now, I will say it tends to happen, not that it happens all the time and certainly not that all guys do it. A joke I heard on the subject pretty much covers it:

"You'll notice early on most of the conventionally attractive girls are taken or being hit on. As the night drags on and the club filters out, it starts to become much like clearing on UCAS. Guys just end up going for whoever they can find that isn't taken."

Well this depresses me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by littlenorthernlass
I imagine they would go with anyone who wasn't hideous or very overweight.

or looked like Maid Marian :yucky:

Original post by Danz123

Ahhh, in a way TSR can understand.
:yuck:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Danz123

Oh wow...that is an awful joke! :redface:
Guys, I really do apologise for relaying that joke, however it is the truth when it comes to how some guys act in the club. The guys who are 'on the pull' anyway will tend to behave like this, especially if they're drunk and don't really care.
Well if you ask most guys they don't go clubbing to get drunk or have a good time with the boys.

That's just a cover up for their true intentions.

They just have one thing on their mind, to get laid so beggars can't be choosers.

Some of them have to bite down on that rotten apple rather than deal with the fresh Granny Smith.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Danz123
Guys, I really do apologise for relaying that joke, however it is the truth when it comes to how some guys act in the club. The guys who are 'on the pull' anyway will tend to behave like this, especially if they're drunk and don't really care.

I found it funny 🙋
Original post by Danz123

It was a great analogy! :tongue:
Guys go clubbing to get laid

Girls pretend to go to clubbing for fun... But really also go clubbing to get laid

Spoiler

Reply 15
No it's not true, I would rather go home myself then with a girl I'm not attracted to, not that desperate.
Reply 16
Original post by TheGoldenBean
Like if a guy is 'out on the pull' will he get with a girl he doesn't find attractive if she approaches him

Not all guys.
Yet another obscure question that has baffled humanity for aeons.
Reply 18
Original post by Danz123

Yeah this is somewhat true but those are some desperate guys, vultures picking up the last remains of the night lol that's actually quite a sad scene. Has a this is England feel to it lol.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Danz123

Spot on really. A girl that's not quite aesthetically blessed wouldn't get a second look in the earlier parts of the night, whereas near the end of the night, especially when everyone's had a drink, if a guy was approached by the same girl he'd probably be likely to just say, sod it, go on then.

Quick Reply

Latest